Skip navigation
halskrause2
Currently Being Moderated

Can i trust the VideoCompatibility of DC

Aug 22, 2008 11:52 AM

I want to write a online Video-Converter for MobilePhones. It should read the specifications of each handy from Database(MySQL). The Converting will done with ffmpeg via php.
So my Question:
Can i trust D-Central for this Job? Is a video "playable" on a Device, when DCentral shows it correctly?
I ask, beacause i have problems with my Nokia 6300. DeviceCentral shows me = Not Compatible. But when i push this Video on my Nokia 6300, there is no problems with it. It plays correcly...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 25, 2008 2:23 PM   in reply to halskrause2
    Hi halskrause2,

I have found DC to be about 98% correct with information on device capabilities. In my opinion this is very good considering the amount of information DC stores about each device.

I recommend using the info from DC for your database, then you can always edit the Db later if you find a device to be incorrect.

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2008 7:19 AM   in reply to Paul Lamonby
    Ciao,

you can also take a look at WURFL for video capabilities of specific mobile phones.
    Alessandro

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2008 3:37 PM   in reply to halskrause2
    Hi,

I would also recommend using Device Central for all data, 98% sounds good to me.

Device Central currently reports that the 6300 supports 3GPP and MPEG4 device based codecs. If sounds lke you need to update your profile set?

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2008 12:45 PM   in reply to halskrause2
    You absolutely should trust it. No reason not to.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2008 11:37 AM   in reply to halskrause2
    I had no trouble with it once I found the right codec for my mobile devices. Since there isn't a standard mobile video system on handhelds there may be some phones that won't work.

unique content
    article writing
    jetspinner

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2008 4:17 PM   in reply to halskrause2
    Keep up the good work.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2008 11:34 PM   in reply to halskrause2
    This helped me to solve my issues. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2008 12:55 PM   in reply to halskrause2
    Device Central plays video I rendered for mobile device but I only can play sound in the same device DC says it should work. Anybody knows where is the problem?
    I tried with different devices, same model, and still same problems.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)