• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greater than or equal to

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have what I think is a simple query (see below) that pulls date information from a table. As you can see from the query, I want it to pull dates for anything greater than and equal to today's date and anything less than and equal to a date one week from today's date.

This works, however, CF does not output any events on today's date; it begins outputting tomorrow's events. Can someone point me in the right direction as how to fix this so dates for today are output as well? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are setting Today as now(), it will contain a time component, so if your DATE column contains date/time values with no actual time component (default midnight, 00:00:00, etc.), then dates in your database from today will never be >= now(). You probably need to remove the time part of now() so that you are comparing today's date at midnight for both.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your DATE field includes a time part then pretty much any date you
have entered into the db will be < NOW(). if so, you need to compare
just the date parts. most db have date/time functions that will allow
you to extract a specific part of a date stored in the field -check you
db manual.

hth

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one has caught me out in the past!

now() has a time component - I'm guessing all your events are manually entered dates without a time so an event today would be {ts 09-08-08 00:00:0 } and #Today# would be {ts 09-08-08 16:29:32} given a little leeway in the layout but you get the idea

Mi-ul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice everyone. The time issue totally makes sense. To try to fix it, I added another cfset:

<cfset Timestamp = Now()>
<cfset Today = #DateFormat(Timestamp, "mm/dd/yyyy")#>
<cfset OneWeekFromToday = DateAdd("D",7,Today)>

This is the output I get:
Timestamp: {ts '2008-09-08 11:50:43'} | Today: 09/08/2008 | One Week From Today: {ts '2008-09-15 00:00:00'}

The output of the dates stops at September 15 (one week from today), but now dates are being output as far back as the beginning August. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

straffenp wrote:
> <cfset Today = #DateFormat(Timestamp, "mm/dd/yyyy")#>

DateFormat returns a string, not a date time object. So it is possible the value is not being interpreted the way you think. Try converting "Today" to a datetime object.

<cfset today = parseDateTime(dateFormat(now(), "yyyy-mm-dd"))>

Also you should use cfqueryparam when passing query parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find an anwer to your question about "CF does not output any events on today's date; it begins outputting tomorrow's events." I've got the same issue. See recent post to Database Access.Thanks if you're there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the "up through day" portion, I truncate the time component off of now(), add a day, and then use only the less than comparison. Example:

<cfset variables.dt1 = dateAdd("d",1,int(now())) />

<cfset variables.dt2 = dateAdd("d",-8,variables.dt1) />

<p>dt1 = #variables.dt1# / dt2 = #variables.dt2#</p>

This results into:

dt1 = {ts '2013-09-28 00:00:00'} / dt2 = {ts '2013-09-20 00:00:00'}

Lastly, use the results in your query comparison:

where

[someDateField] < <cfqueryparam value="#variables.dt1#" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_DATE" />

and [someDateField] >= <cfqueryparam value="#variables.dt2#" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_DATE" />

Also, the cfsqltype of CF_SQL_DATE seems to truncate the time component off the date for you in CF9 & CF10, but I don't like dependencies like that as I've been burned in the past. If you don't mind the risk, you can simplify the logic by removing the int() function from the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you created a workaround to avoid the LTE quirk. I suppose that's the mature thing to do, but I'm still at the point where I want things to work as they theoretically should. Haha. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation