• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find Adobe PDF resource files?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create a PDF of a map in ArcMap 9.3 I get the error "Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files." It references Documents and settings Adobe PDF Converter.joboptions.
Yet it works in Word. What could be wrong?
TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same trouble after installing the latest Windows updates including sp3. I couldn't create adobe files on my main computer getting the same message in InDesign CS. I went to a backup computer which hasn't been used for weeks and I still could create PDF files there. Then as that computer sat there, Windows went through several updates including SP3. Then I got the same error on that computer.

In InDesign, I pulled up the Adobe PDF printer screen, went to setup, and found a button called "find printer." I then selected the Adobe printer and all is well.

Hope that might lead you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give donvt a medal.
This problem just happened to me -- Acrobat Pro 7.1 Windows XP on automatic update from MS, InDesign CS2. After screwing around trying to rename files and not having it work, we tried donvt's solution of find printer and it worked in about 30 seconds.
Isn't it illegal to use software to come on somebody's computer and damage it? If so let's find a class action lawyer and end this nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just recently have been experiencing the same problem every time i print an e-mail message from outlook. how do i go to InDesign to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2010 Apr 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, started having this problem after installing H&R Block At Home Premi

um & Business and trying to print my tax return to PDF format.

The first time it happened, I chose "Yes" for the prompt about reinstalling Adobe resource files, and it rebooted, and then the system bug-checked with a BSOD, and got stuck in and endless cycle of rebooting until I inserted my Norton Ghost image boot CD and restored to a back up image. Very serious system corruption. I don't know whether it's H&R Block's fault or Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2009 Feb 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! God bless you for sharing such an useful information, this has solved my problem too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I search this hardly, thanks :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the Adobe Connect forum and designed for Adobe Connect users.

Please post PDF type issues in the proper forum to get the best answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines