Skip navigation
netmotivated
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS4 Internal error when starting

Oct 16, 2008 6:46 PM

Hello,

Have upgraded to CS4 Web Premium yesterday. Everything seems to working fine except for Fireworks.

When trying to load it says 'Fireworks can not be started, internal error occurred' . This always happens on the splash screen at the point 'Initializing Tools'

I have tried re-installing, I have tried removed Application Data and renaming the Control Panels folder (read this somewhere as something to try) but nothing resolves the problem.

At the moment I have to revert to using Fireworks CS3 which continues to work without any problems.

Help!


Cheers

Neil
 
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2008 8:53 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    I have the exact same problem. Hopefully there isn't a global error
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2008 10:14 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    What OS?
    Did you have the public beta installed and was this un-installed first?

    h
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2008 10:20 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    OSX

    I did not have the trial before. It was a direct upgrade from CS2.

    After reading some documentation, I installed updates for my computer, and now even the installer crashes. At least the other CS4 apps work. I was really hoping for Fireworks.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2008 11:16 PM   in reply to netmotivated
    I finally got Fireworks CS4 to work, but it involved reinstalling my whole OS. There has to be a better way.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2008 6:07 PM   in reply to netmotivated
    Me to. OS X 10.5.5

    CS3-> CS4

    Error 11

    Tried reinstalling. twice.

    Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2008 8:18 PM   in reply to netmotivated
    rubylabs wrote:
    > Me to. OS X 10.5.5
    >
    > CS3-> CS4
    >
    > Error 11
    >
    > Tried reinstalling. twice.
    >
    > Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????

    This is user to user forum. Contacting Adobe Support may be more helpful.
    --
    Jim Babbage
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2008 5:05 AM   in reply to rubylabs
    rubylabs wrote:
    > Me to. OS X 10.5.5
    >
    > CS3-> CS4
    >
    > Error 11
    >
    > Tried reinstalling. twice.
    >
    > Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????

    Are you getting error while installing? Are you getting Internal Error dialog at FW CS4 launch?
    Exactly at what point are you getting error 11?
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2008 9:32 AM   in reply to rubylabs
    Hi rubylabs
    Can you tell us when do you see the error? Is it during installation or at Fireworks launch?
    Thanks

    quote:

    Originally posted by: rubylabs
    Me to. OS X 10.5.5

    CS3-> CS4

    Error 11

    Tried reinstalling. twice.

    Hey Adobe Interested in Helping us?????


     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2008 9:40 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal
    The install ran correctly
    Then when I launch the app for the first time I get the splash screen and then it just reports an Error 11 and quits.


     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2008 9:48 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    I'm having this problem too.

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    It already took 2 hours to install the blasted software -- I'm not interested in spending another 2 hours reinstalling it. I guess it's back to CS3... In the meantime I'm out $150 in my upgrade fee.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2008 9:20 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    I figured it out.

    I uninstalled CS3 using Adobe's Clean uninstall script found in the support section. Then I installed Fireworks CS 4. Then I installed CS3 without fireworks selected.

    It all works, but lost a good day dealing with this.


     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2008 3:10 PM   in reply to netmotivated
    Hi guys,

    If you're having issues with Fireworks CS4, try to run the CS4 cleanscript.

    It's a utility to uninstall ALL CS4 programs. This way you can make a clean reinstall. Maybe someone installed beta versions before of CS4? Beta versions have been known to cause problems.


    Here's the link to the Cs4 cleanscript

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

    Tell us if it helps.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2008 12:06 PM   in reply to Tom Pesto
    quote:

    Originally posted by: Tom Pesto
    Hi guys,

    If you're having issues with Fireworks CS4, try to run the CS4 cleanscript.

    It's a utility to uninstall ALL CS4 programs. This way you can make a clean reinstall. Maybe someone installed beta versions before of CS4? Beta versions have been known to cause problems.


    Here's the link to the Cs4 cleanscript

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

    Tell us if it helps.

    Hello there, I tried installing Adobe CS4 Master Collection and all my programs work fine except for Fireworks.

    I uninstalled CS3, then installed CS4 and this happened.

    Then I ran the CS3 Clean Utility and wiped my CS4 install, so I had to re-install CS4.

    I tried using the CS4 Clean Utility but after uninstalling CS4 it doesn't recognize any files that were left over.

    I'm getting an error (the same every time) after the program is loading, just when it's launching. What can I do?

    This is the error: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9779/internalerrorzp6.jpg

    System
    Core 2 Duo T5300 (1.73GHz).
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    HDD 160 GB SATA.
    RAM 3072 MB

    Thanks.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2008 12:53 PM   in reply to rubylabs
    I'm having the same problem. When I try to open CS4 Web Premium Fireworks, I get the Message, "Fireworks cannot open. An internal error occurred." I have spent about 10 hour on this now. Uninstalling , reinstalling, calling Adobe. Running the clean script, etc. I also tried what Rubylabs suggested in this discussion on 10/19/8, but it didn't work for me.
    interestingly, if I login as another user on my Mac, CS4 Fireworks opens with no problems.
    Adobe--as a number of us are having this problem, please help us solve this.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2008 4:12 AM   in reply to MontyC
    I have the same problem error 11.

    Thank you
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2008 4:29 AM   in reply to Genaro1
    Well I did what Tom, subjects in it work, but now dreamweaver don't work,
    I will wait for dreamweaver 4 come may be today or tomorrow, and i will see, but CS4 , now it's working.

    Thank you

    Genaro1

    Originally posted by: Tom Pesto
    Hi guys,

    If you're having issues with Fireworks CS4, try to run the CS4 cleanscript.

    It's a utility to uninstall ALL CS4 programs. This way you can make a clean reinstall. Maybe someone installed beta versions before of CS4? Beta versions have been known to cause problems.


    Here's the link to the Cs4 cleanscript

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

    Tell us if it helps.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2008 3:22 PM   in reply to netmotivated
    All is working here.

    Tom,

    Thank you for your advice,

    Genaro1
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 30, 2008 11:49 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    I'm still not having any luck-

    I tried changing names and disabling folders in the Program Files/Adobe/Fireworks CS4 folder but didn't succeed.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 1:48 AM   in reply to Very Invisible
    I had this same issue. When I loaded Fireworks CS4, it would get past the splash screen but then come up with an error "An internal error occurred. An internal error occurred" (yes the message appeared twice in the same message box).

    I resolved this issue by deleting my Fireworks CS4 "configuration" folder.

    For Vista users you can find this folder under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\. Sorry XP users but I don't know the exact path for you but will assume that it is something like C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\.

    I renamed the "Fireworks CS4" folder to "Fireworks CS4 OLD" (just so I could access it again if need be). When I relaunched Firefox CS4, the "configuration" folder was recreated and my problem disappeared (along with any preferences and workspaces that I had created - but hey that is better than NOT being able to access the application fullstop).

    I hope this can help you all.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 5:37 AM   in reply to jaymannz
    quote:

    Originally posted by: jaymannz
    I had this same issue. When I loaded Fireworks CS4, it would get past the splash screen but then come up with an error "An internal error occurred. An internal error occurred" (yes the message appeared twice in the same message box).

    I resolved this issue by deleting my Fireworks CS4 "configuration" folder.

    For Vista users you can find this folder under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\. Sorry XP users but I don't know the exact path for you but will assume that it is something like C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\.

    I renamed the "Fireworks CS4" folder to "Fireworks CS4 OLD" (just so I could access it again if need be). When I relaunched Firefox CS4, the "configuration" folder was recreated and my problem disappeared (along with any preferences and workspaces that I had created - but hey that is better than NOT being able to access the application fullstop).

    I hope this can help you all.

    I did that. I even deleted the whole Adobe folder and still having no luck.

    I can only try and reinstall Windows Vista :(
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 5:52 AM   in reply to Very Invisible
    quote:

    Originally posted by: Very Invisible
    quote:

    Originally posted by: jaymannz
    I had this same issue. When I loaded Fireworks CS4, it would get past the splash screen but then come up with an error "An internal error occurred. An internal error occurred" (yes the message appeared twice in the same message box).

    I resolved this issue by deleting my Fireworks CS4 "configuration" folder.

    For Vista users you can find this folder under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\. Sorry XP users but I don't know the exact path for you but will assume that it is something like C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\.

    I renamed the "Fireworks CS4" folder to "Fireworks CS4 OLD" (just so I could access it again if need be). When I relaunched Firefox CS4, the "configuration" folder was recreated and my problem disappeared (along with any preferences and workspaces that I had created - but hey that is better than NOT being able to access the application fullstop).

    I hope this can help you all.

    I did that. I even deleted the whole Adobe folder and still having no luck.

    I can only try and reinstall Windows Vista :(



    When you say that you deleted the whole Adobe folder do you mean the one I described (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\)? The only reason I ask is that you say in your earlier post that you were playing around with "Program Files/Adobe/Fireworks CS4".

    J

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 5:56 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    I tried changing folders in the Program Files/Adobe/Fireworks CS4 folder and that didn't work. I restored everything.

    Then I tried what you said and it didn't work either.

    Also, my error is different. My error says "Cannot launch Fireworks. An Internal Error Occured".

    This is so frustrating...
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:28 AM   in reply to Very Invisible
    Have you tried replacing your .exe file in the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS4" with the one on the installation DVD?

    Another thing you can try (if you have not already), is to create another Vista user, log off as yourself and login as the new user. See if you can launch Fireworks CS4 now.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:32 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    I will try copying that file again.

    I tried creating a new user and all that but Windows kept giving me another error (that had to do with msoe.dll, not related to this), after I fixed that Fw CS4 still wouldn't launch.

    The only thing I haven't fully tested is the font thing.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:36 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    Did FW CS4 ever launch correctly for you?
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:38 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    No, it never did.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:40 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    God, I am running out of ideas as well now.

    1 other thing to try is when you run the CS3 and CS4 Clean Script, did you know that there is a hidden option number 4 that you can use?
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:40 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    Duplicate message erased.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:43 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    No! I didn't know that.

    What does it do?

    So things I have to try are:
    - Uninstalling fonts
    - Trying option 4 of the Clean Scripts.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:48 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    Yes, option number 4 definitely exists in the CS3 Clean Script (so would assume that it exists in CS4 Clean Script also). When it asks for your option number just type in 4 even though it is not offered. It pretty much removes any trace of ALL Adobe products (including Shockwave and Flash Player) from your directories and registry (including serial numbers etc). If uninstalling your fonts does not work, I suggest you do the following:
    - Run CS4 Clean Script (take option 4)
    - Run CS3 Clean Script (take option 4) - I again assume that CS4 Clean Script would have already removed everything, but better to be safe than sorry.
    - Restart your PC and try the install again

    Good luck!
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:50 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    Thank you so much for your time.

    I will try that and let you know what happened.

    One last question: do I have to uninstall before running those scripts?
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 6:52 AM   in reply to netmotivated
    Oh yes, sorry. Completely uninstall CS4 (and CS3 if still installed). Once uninstall is complete, run your scripts.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 8:31 AM   in reply to Genaro1
    I'd like to just point out that (1) I'm having this problem on MacOS X (10.5.5) and (2) we should NOT be having these problems with $400 software. Adobe is a professional software company that charges a lot of money for its products, and this is a joke.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2008 3:39 PM   in reply to Genaro1
    Yes it is.

    But have you called Tech Support for assistance?


     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 8, 2008 9:15 AM   in reply to Newsgroup_User
    I have been on the phone with technical support for 6 days, they have escalated this to a senior technician, but still have no answer. i have removed CS4, run clean scripts, reinstalled, reinstalled under different users, reinstalled with selective startups, removed configuration files, etc. Nothing has resolved the "internal error" i get when starting up fireworks. It ran initially for about 4 days fine, then i started getting this error.
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2008 9:23 PM   in reply to schmaves
    I've had the internal error with Fireworks CS4 also and have been exchanging notes with a senior support person for some time now. Finally hit on the solution (for me at least)...too many fonts installed.

    I had 1250+ fonts. When I removed them all to a backup folder and left Vista with just its defaults; after a restart Fireworks fired up just fine. I've put up to 339 back and Fireworks still starts OK so I don't know what the threshold number is (I'd guess 1024 for obvious binary reasons but it would just be a guess).

    Anyhow, check your font count and if it's over that number at least consider removing some you don't use and/or back them all up, remove them all, and just reinstall the fonts you do use. Then, restart and see if Fireworks starts for you as well.

    Tom
     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2008 8:57 AM   in reply to DragonTom
    quote:

    Originally posted by: FILExt
    I've had the internal error with Fireworks CS4 also and have been exchanging notes with a senior support person for some time now. Finally hit on the solution (for me at least)...too many fonts installed.

    I had 1250+ fonts. When I removed them all to a backup folder and left Vista with just its defaults; after a restart Fireworks fired up just fine. I've put up to 339 back and Fireworks still starts OK so I don't know what the threshold number is (I'd guess 1024 for obvious binary reasons but it would just be a guess).

    Anyhow, check your font count and if it's over that number at least consider removing some you don't use and/or back them all up, remove them all, and just reinstall the fonts you do use. Then, restart and see if Fireworks starts for you as well.

    Tom


    I have quite a lot of fonts (3000+) but when I wanted to uninstall them I didn't know which ones to leave.
     
    |
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points