• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 offline activation

Guru ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a InDesign CS6 trial but it says it can't connect to the internet, probably the company firewall stopping it.  When I click on the thing for more details I get to this page here but I can't do what it says there.  The screen has no "I cannot connect to the internet" button!  Anyone else having problems or know the way round it?

2012-05-08_094915.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very useful article but after doing everything there I still can't connect.  The hosts file wasn't modifed and I can get to the websites they have links to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to get it going by just unplugging the interweb, that meant the above screen didn't come up and the program started.  Should work for 30 days....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happen when you modified the host as mentioned in the article i.e to remove the 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing. I didn't have to modify it because it didn't have that line in there, but I did create a new default one like it says in the Microsoft article linked to, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go for offline activation ,

To perform offline activation, you should click the “I cannot access the Internet” link in the product

launch screen and then follow the prompts. Once the offline computer generates a machine-specific Request

Code, the customer will need to use an Internet-enabled device to access www.adobe.com/go/getactivation and

enter the Request Code where prompted. You will receive a Response Code that must be entered in the

offline machine to complete the offline activation.

Important Notes: Request Codes are machine-specific and only valid for 72 hours. Customers need to request

one code per machine and can easily request a new code if the process has not been completed within 72 hours.

For more information, go to www.adobe.com/go/getactivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stix,

I was just wondering, if you had installed a Photoshop Beta or other pre-release build on your computer? That might be causing an issue. If you haven't qctivated yet, try running the Cleaner tool and then retry. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish_1988

But that's the problem, as noted in the first message in the thread, there is no "I cannot access the Internet" link anywhere in the product.

Where specifically is this link? Provide a screenshot please!

I am currently struggling with the same issue trying to install Production Premium.

Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what Greg was asking for, which doesn't seem to exist.  That opnly takes you to the Adobe web page about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sorted this out. see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1005256

Cheers!

-Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry to go over this issue..yet again...

I work in a very secure enviroment with no internet connection.

I have adobe audition 6.

I have followed instructions to installing with out a internet connection.

I have managed to get a request code from my machine with Audition installed,but when this is inputed to the 'get activated link' get a response code,it comes back with invalid...

I have pressed 'back' and retrieved other request codes but they dont work either...Ive checked all my codes,product licence number etc..

spent 3 hours with on line support chat and on the phone,spent most of the time reading out codes and trying to explain what I had done..

anybody help.

Much Appreciated.

and on top of that my user name is 'chipan noo noo'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chippan,

have you installed & activated anything else in the last 24 hours? I ran into an issue where no response codes generated would be accepted after I offline activated Production Premium. I had to wait 24 hours to generate a valid code for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

no,just adobe audition cs6....all ive done is gone back to generate a new request code to try and input that via another pc remotely-but doesnt accept it.

It looks like I will have to get permission to remove the pc from work and connect to the net directly....

maybe the best option.

its a bugger if you work in a secure enviroment! lol

maybe i will have to wait 24 hrs too now,i dont know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have access to a Flash drive, and your company will allow it's use in the secure environment.  You may want to try copying the request code to a text document.  This will allow you to also copy and paste the response code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines