Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audio filters unavailable?

May 8, 2012 3:56 PM

Hello!

Trying out the CS6 trial. I REALLY like what i'm seeing so far, as long as I can get past this issue.

I worked on a project, save it, then when I reopen I am given this load error:

/Volumes/Hildebrand 1tb/OverLords/Copy of Overlords Trailer.prproj

Audio Filter missing:  1095781937 DeNoiser1

Audio Filter missing:  1095915057 Reverb1

The audio filters are apparently missing, yet when I get in the project I can easily add the filter back in, but to have to do this and redo my filter parameters each time is not good.

Anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 6:06 PM   in reply to dh91

Long shot but...you don't have any network drives in use do you?  All local drives?

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to dh91

Hi Dan,

I'll give that a try here, the report is basically saying what you are seeing. What's interesting is the project is using the mono version (1) of the effects. These are 'internal' VST effects. What type of clips are the audio effects applied to? In particular I'm interested in knowing about the format, is it mono streams? Was the project converted from an FCP (or other) project type? Anything you can mention to help repro the issue would be awesome.

Thanks,

-EricS

(adobe engineering)

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to dh91

No, having CS5.5 is independent from CS6 - they can coexist on the same computer without interference. Are you scrubbing the timeline where one of the missing audio effects is when the shutdown message happens? I'm curious if they are related. Any chance you can post your project (.prproj, no media) someplace so we can see what's going wrong?

Thanks,

-EricS

(adobe engineering)

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 9:39 PM   in reply to dh91

Thanks! - I have the project and that's really helpful - one thing to try - doing a copy of the effect puts data onto the system clipboard, if you go to say, notepad, and select anything and copy it, then do your test again, do things work again? I'm thinking there might be something residual on the system clipboard.

-EricS

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to dh91

I'm having exactly the same problem with a project in CS6. Never saw this in CS5.5. The program crashed and next time I opened it got the "audio filter missing" message for every audio effect I had applied. When I reapply the audio filter, then save and close, it is once again missing when I reopen the program.

Mac OSX 10.7.4

Mac Pro 3,1

GTX 285

16GB RAM

Project files stored on separate drive from program.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to dh91

Looks like my problem is also related to XML import. I've been using PluralEyes to sync audio with video. The process requires exporting a FCP XML file generated by Premiere to PluralEyes, processing to sync, then importing the resulting XML file. Everything works great except that applying audio filters to any audio file imported as part of the XML process generates the "audio filter missing" message and cannot be successfully rendered.

Audio filters CAN be applied successfully to audio files within the same project, provided the audio files were not imported via XML.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to dh91

does anyone have any news on this or any other workarounds? i'm also on the trial & thinking of a subscription and liking a fair amount of my experience with Premiere Pro, but this is really no good.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to dkaplowitz

I just spoke to support today and they are obviously aware of it and still working on it.

I did notice that when you create a sequence to export to XML for pluraleyes that my audio comes in as a stereo track. When I import the new XML back into premiere it appears that pluraleyes has seperated them out to dual mono tracks. Can anyone confirm that this plays a part in the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to thomascross

Any news on this? I have the same problem (applied VST audio fx dissapear after save/re-open). PPro CS 6 (no trial). My audio also went the XML path (PluralEyes), so it's obviously related to XML. Latest updates didn't help.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to rklem

i got this from singular support (now red giant?) awhile ago, don't know about the Adobe end:

Hi David,

We reproduced the problem here too and are trying to find solutions to workaround the issue. If you are working with dual-system audio, the following workaround works:

1. Sync the sequence with the Replaced Audio sync option

2. In the "Replaced" sequence in Premiere, right-click on a clip with the replaced audio and select Merge Clips...

3. Drag and drop the newly created merged clips from the project panel into the timeline

Regards,

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to dkaplowitz

Hi David,

thanks for the hint, but this workaround won't help me. First of all I already synced and cut the sequence, so I can't go back now. Furthermore I need to keep the audio indepentendtly in my workflow, so "Replace Audio" in PluralEyes wouldn't be a viable option.

So I still have to wait for a fix inside of Premiere Pro...

Thanks again,

Ralph

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to rklem

I am getting the same problem with the dynamics filter, but I built the project in Premiere. Whenever I open the project I get the "missing" error message and I have to reaply the filter - very annoying

Any news on a fix??

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to BWScott

Most of the work we do with talking heads requires PluralEyes and XML imports, like David we often need the other audio tracks as well as the sync'd audio. But just wanted to say thanks to all the contribuitors above as this thread was easy to read and pinpointed our problem. However of course we still need that patch update to be able to work effectively. Just a note of interest is I've never seen this error when working from start to final render in one go, i.e. saving the project as it is built but never actually closing and reopening Premiere. It's only on the re-open that the audio filter errors become apparant. Also we're still using the PluralEyes 2 (i.e. the one before the latest version), just incase someone has tried version 3 and no longer finds this error?

Cheers,

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 1:12 AM   in reply to Double Farley

I'm using Premiere CS6 and PluralEyes 3 and I can confirm that this issue is still present - I started my workflow in Premiere, importing all media into a timeline, and using the extension to bring the project into PE3.  I exported a synced (but not replaced) timeline out of PE3 and brought it into Premiere.

I edited the project and didn't add a dynamics filter until the very end.  After a save, close and reopen, the error comes up that the filters are unavailable, and in the effects panel they are offline.

Sucks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to ilykdp2

Try launching Pr while holding down the Shift key.  Keep it pressed until the welcome screen appears.  That clears the plug-in cache.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

I tried holding shift+starting Premiere mutiple times, including after a restart, audio effect (dynamics) still unavailable.

As per the discussion about the XML issue, I see that when I import the new synced XML into Premiere from PE3, a new folder with the media is placed in the project panel instead of the original media that I placed for step 1.  So there are two copies of the same media essentially.

I am now going through the tedious process of replacing the 'synced' media with the original - which is proving extra difficult, because the options "replace with clip from source" and "replace with clip from source; match frame" aren't giving me the right portions of the audio clips.

I even tried to look at the timecode of my synced audio clips, copying that and inputting that TC into the original source audio files, to make the in and out points match, but for some reason that brings the playhead to a segment a few seconds off from the synced clips.

I would have saved more time not using PE3.  Rage.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 2:35 AM   in reply to ilykdp2

I don't have this problem any more - I can't remember when it diappeared but I'm currently on Premiere Pro 6.0.2 and Plural Eyes 2.0.9 and it works fine with remembering audio filters

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to dkaplowitz

I have experienced this problem several times with Premiere Pro CS6 and PluralEyes 3.0 for Windows.

The problem is simple:  when you apply an audio effect to a track that was synced by PluralEyes, Premiere Pro gets confused about whether the track is mono or stereo.  Premiere Pro applies the effect properly, but when it saves this effect in its project file, it writes the incorrect filter name.

Then when you restart Premiere Pro, it reads the project file, extracts the incorrect filter name, and complains about the "missing" filter.

The solution is simple:  just edit the Premiere Pro project file (which is in XML format) to contain the correct filter name.  For example, when I added the Lowpass and Bass effects to a PluralEyes audio track, Premiere Pro wrote these to the project file:

<FilterMatchName>Internal Lowpass Mono</FilterMatchName>

<FilterMatchName>Internal Bass Mono</FilterMatchName>

When I changed those from "Mono" to Stereo with a text editor, then reloaded Premiere Pro, it solved my problem:

<FilterMatchName>Internal Lowpass Stereo</FilterMatchName>

<FilterMatchName>Internal Bass Stereo</FilterMatchName>

The trick, of course, was in discovering the correct names for these effects.  To do that, I:

• Created a new Premiere Pro CS6 project
    • Imported the audio track in question
    • Dropped it into a sequence
    • Applied the audio effect(s) in question
    • Saved the project
    • Opened the Premiere Pro project file (which ends in ".prproj") in a text editor
    • Searched for the effect name (e.g., 'Lowpass" or "Bass")

The filter names are not always this predictible; for example, when Premiere Pro wrote "<FilterMatchName>1095782705 EQ1</FilterMatchName>", it really meant "<FilterMatchName>1095782706 EQ2</FilterMatchName>".  And when it wrote "<FilterMatchName>1094998321 Dynamics1</FilterMatchName>", it really meant "<FilterMatchName>1094998322 Dynamics2</FilterMatchName>".

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 7:06 AM   in reply to InterMurph

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I haven't used pluraleyes on this project so it can't be that. I tried your method InterMurph with the "Internal Bass Mono" (all14 instances) and Dynamics1 and it changed from this:

1.png

to this:

3.png

Seems like it made the Dynamics one worse and did nothing for the Internal Bass Mono/Stereo!

I spent almost two hours chatting with technical support, let them have control of the desktop and they came up with nothing after telling me that i had to just start again! (Transcript down the bottom) They said it was project specific but my argument was that it happens on all projects when i apply these filters. Plus this page shows that there are others having this issue. I had this issue a while ago with video filters from magic bullet suite but i thought it was because i was opening the project on a computer which didn't have MBS installed so it made sense.

The tech then called me to repeat that he couldnt help further and asked if i wanted to escalate it to another tech, so im waiting on them calling me back now. lll let you know how i get on...

also just looking in preferences in premiere the audio section, i went into Audio Plugin Manager and saw this:

4.png

The offending plugins arent there. Also when i check both folders in the locations suggested they are comlpletely empty....thoughts here?

Transcript so you can see what we tried:

"TECH1": Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

"TECH1": Hi Sai.

Sai Kelly: hi!

"TECH1": Could you please elaborate your issue?

Sai Kelly: Ok "TECH1", yes here it is:

Sai Kelly: I've had this issue for while and there doesn't seem to be an answer for it on the forums or elsewhere. It was originally this one: Video Filter missing: AE.Magic Bullet MisFire Deep Scratches Video Filter missing: AE.Magic Bullet MisFire Gate Weave Video Filter missing: AE.Magic Bullet MisFire Vignette 372 which i thought was related to licences and swapping machines but its started doing this one now and I have a deadline for a film release. /Volumes/G-DRIVE mobile/ADOBE/Wandering Star [2014] SaiFinal.prproj Audio Filter missing: 1094998321 Dynamics1 Audio Filter missing: 1095781937 DeNoiser1 Audio Filter missing: Internal Bass Mono Some folks talked about editing the project file in a text editor and changing certain parameters? At this stage i really don't want to be messing with the structure of the project! Apparently support has been working on this since July 2012.

Sai Kelly: /Users/Saiko/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 12.05.28.png

"TECH1": Thank you for the information. I'll check and help you with this.

Sai Kelly: thank you so much

"TECH1": May I please know you are referring to which product?

Sai Kelly: oh sorry! Premiere Pro CC

Sai Kelly: i subscribe to creative cloud so i use After effects and audition etc

Sai Kelly: I'm experiencing a lot of crashing when applying audio filters and looping the sound while i change parameters

"TECH1": I see that this is a technical issue. I'll need to transfer this chat to the technical support team so that this issue is resolved in this first contact itself.

"TECH1": Please stay online while I transfer this chat.

Sai Kelly: ok thanks!

"TECH1": You are welcome.

info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.

info: You are now chatting with '"TECH2"'

"TECH2": Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

"TECH2": Please allow me a moment while I look into your account & verify the details.

Sai Kelly: ok

"TECH2": Can you elaborate the issue please?

Sai Kelly: hi "TECH2"

Sai Kelly: Yes I've had this issue for while and there doesn't seem to be an answer for it on the forums or elsewhere. It was originally this one: Video Filter missing: AE.Magic Bullet MisFire Deep Scratches Video Filter missing: AE.Magic Bullet MisFire Gate Weave Video Filter missing: AE.Magic Bullet MisFire Vignette 372 which i thought was related to licences and swapping machines but its started doing this one now and I have a deadline for a film release. /Volumes/G-DRIVE mobile/ADOBE/Wandering Star [2014] SaiFinal.prproj Audio Filter missing: 1094998321 Dynamics1 Audio Filter missing: 1095781937 DeNoiser1 Audio Filter missing: Internal Bass Mono Some folks talked about editing the project file in a text editor and changing certain parameters? At this stage i really don't want to be messing with the structure of the project! Apparently support has been working on this since July 2012.

Sai Kelly: i use Premiere Pro CC i subscribe to creative cloud so i use After effects and audition etc I'm experiencing a lot of crashing when applying audio filters and looping the sound while i change parameters

"TECH2": Do you mean After Effects crashes with this error?

Sai Kelly: no premiere pro starts up with this warning

"TECH2": are you using any 3rd party effects?

Sai Kelly: i have magic bullet looks installed at the moment

"TECH2": okay

"TECH2": and when does after effects crashes on launch or while doing any specific task?

Sai Kelly: its premiere that crashes

Sai Kelly: yes when doing specific tasks

Sai Kelly: like when applying audio filters and looping the sound while i change parameters

"TECH2": give me 2-3 minutes to check this

Sai Kelly: great thanks.

"TECH2": you are welcome

"TECH2": please stay online

Sai Kelly: thanks will do!

Sai Kelly: i think its most likely linked to this Audio Filter missing: 1094998321 Dynamics1 Audio Filter missing: 1095781937 DeNoiser1 Audio Filter missing: Internal Bass Mono

Sai Kelly: on start up

"TECH2": Can you try to disable or remove magic bullets from the machine and then check if it crashes?

Sai Kelly: The missing audio filters are missing regardless of Magic Bullet being there because it happens on other computers and they don't have Magic Bullet installed.

"TECH2": are you on mac or pc?

Sai Kelly: mac

"TECH2": Is it mac 10.9?

Sai Kelly: 10.8.5

"TECH2": ok

"TECH2": Would you like to share your computer screen so I can have view access to what you are seeing?

Sai Kelly: sure

"TECH2": http://tinyurl.com/remote1mac

"TECH2": install this

Sai Kelly: ok one

Sai Kelly: done

Sai Kelly: ID XXX XXX XXX

"TECH2": give me the ID and password generated

Sai Kelly: P : XXXX

Sai Kelly: do you want me to open the project?

"TECH2": no

"TECH2": please allow me the control (he opens the project and exports an XML of the entire lot)

"TECH2": check now

Sai Kelly: there it is (i reopen the same project and the warning came up)

"TECH2": make a new project and import this xml in that

"TECH2": does that work? (it does work, no warning)

Sai Kelly: it has reset most of the filters

Sai Kelly: most of the work has been undone (all the work i had done applying video and audio filters colour grading etc had been undone)

"TECH2": yes that is because that was a project specific issue some filters that you have applied on the project are conflicting with the application and it may damage the project as well

Sai Kelly: ok well i can't go back to this stage though that is weeks of work lost and i don't have the time.

Sai Kelly: and surely when i reapply the filters it will just happen again

Sai Kelly: ?

"TECH2": Can you reopen your old project and make a new sequence in that and copy and paste the old sequence to the new one and see if that works

Sai Kelly: i can

"TECH2": go ahead please

Sai Kelly: ok all done

Sai Kelly: quit and reopen?

Sai Kelly: or apply filters first

Sai Kelly: you can see there in a clip's effects controls that the filter has been applied previously to now 4 times and is 'offline'.

"TECH2": yes I can see

"TECH2": Please allow me 2-3 more minutes

Sai Kelly: no problem ill put the kettle on

Sai Kelly: tea?

Sai Kelly: sorry i hope that didn't sound rude! i am actually making tea lol

"TECH2": Can you check if after clicking ok on the warning are the filters missing?

Sai Kelly: yes i can see them missing in the effects controls still

"TECH2": Can you close and reopen the project?

Sai Kelly: sure thing

Sai Kelly: there you go.

"TECH2": have you used plural eyes to sync the audio?

Sai Kelly: no

"TECH2": ok

"TECH2": what I have done is I have saved an offline project and now we would try to open that and relink media

"TECH2": it does not works

"TECH2": Well unfortunately in this case you would need to redo the filters that you had applied

Sai Kelly: If redo them they still disappear. you can see in the last project that a filter was applied 4 times and still disappears when you quit and reopen

"TECH2": Well you would have to do that in the new project that we have created using XML

Sai Kelly: i already said that i don't have time to go back and do that

Sai Kelly: that was weeks of work

Sai Kelly: have you read about the workaround that some people posted in the forums?

Sai Kelly: Some folks talked about editing the project file in a text editor and changing certain parameters?

Sai Kelly: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4495817 (this page)

"TECH2": Well but we can't help in that

"TECH2": If you want you can try that

Sai Kelly: does it work? (referring to post 25 by InterMurph)

Sai Kelly: will it damage the project file?

"TECH2": Well save a copy of the project and then try

Sai Kelly: is it as simple as opening in text wrangler, searching for the audio filters and changing them?

Sai Kelly: /Users/Saiko/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 13.40.15.png

"TECH2": Sai unfortunately this is a project specific issue so we can't do much more in this case, so you can try the suggestions which are there in forums but we can't assure if that will work or will not work

Sai Kelly: it seems to be a common problem if you read the amount of reports that are available in your forums particularly that page i sent you.

Sai Kelly: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4495817

"TECH2": but that happens if you have any 3rd party plugins installed on the machine and are project specific

"TECH2": Chat / Phone support do not give assistance for project specific issues

Sai Kelly: It isn't project specific when there are more people than me having the issue and i already stated that this was independent of the 3rd party plugin as the other machine i work on doesn't have any installed but he gets this issue.

"TECH2": Does this happens on all your projects?

Sai Kelly: it has happened on others yes

"TECH2": Does it happens only if you apply filters?

Sai Kelly: yes

"TECH2": Well than this is a project specific issue, and we can't do anything more on this, you would need to redo the work. I understand the pain and time it will take but that is the last option

Sai Kelly: can you explain what you mean by project specific?

"TECH2": Well project specific means if the error is coming on only a project or some projects and not all the projects that you have

Sai Kelly: if i confirm that it happens on all projects does that make a difference?

"TECH2": Do you have projects to show that?

Sai Kelly: yes lots

"TECH2": Well but still we can't do anything on this

Sai Kelly: Ok, does this not mean that the software has the issue? not the project?

"TECH2": No

"TECH2": the issue is with the project

Sai Kelly: how can it be with the project if it is all projects and other people's projects unrelated to me?

Sai Kelly: did you manage to look at the page i sent you from Adobe's forum? its not just my project.

"TECH2": Do you have a phone number I can call you on?

Sai Kelly: yes of course 02890 421776

"TECH2": I am calling you

info: Your chat transcript will be emailed at the end of your chat.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points