Skip navigation
DaveTheFreak
Currently Being Moderated

Google Search - Weird Text Displayed

May 8, 2012 5:14 PM

Tags: #website #search #google #text #home #weird #displayed #weird_text

I just uploaded my new Website and well, it works pretty great.

http://www.davethefreak.com/

But there's a but: when you search for it using Google by typing in "DaveTheFreak" there's a weird text "EnterOverlayOn. overeffekt1. dave."

https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=h9&ie=UTF-8#hl= de&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=davethefreak&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l= &pbx=1&fp=5e4b47d4c544e1de&ix=h9&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&bi w=1920&bih=933

WeirdGoogleSearchDTF.jpg

Another page created with muse has a clear displayed text like if you're searching for "refueled magazine".

https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=h9&ie=UTF-8#hl= de&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=refueled%20magazine&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql =&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=5e4b47d4c544e1de&ix=h9&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf .osb&biw=1920&bih=933

So: what did I do wrong? How can I change it? Is there a trick or anything to have a good text in google search?

Also: why is it always displaying "DaveTheFreak - Home" instead of just "DaveTheFreak"?

Important note maybe: the front page "home" only has image-text for it is Adobe Garamond Pro (Muse is creating an image out of it).

I'm desperate, please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to DaveTheFreak

You've made the mistake of designing a site with buggy beta software. Perhaps this will improve with the official release. Download it as soon as it is for sale and re-export your site with it.

You've also made the mistake of designing a web page without any text for Google to read and index. Your text is all rendered as images so Google has no idea what to do with your site. Adobe is lying to us to say that the ALT text automatically added to your images helps with search engines. Clearly, Google has ignored it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to DaveTheFreak

You can use the menu command "Page >  Properties" to open a dialog. In this dialog there is a Metadata button at the top. Clicking this button will give you access to some meta elements. The use of these elements varies from one search engine to another. To better understand what to do with these elements, read the following wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_element

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to T.J. Harrison

Meta keywords and description may help a little but it is no serious replacement for having meaningful text on a web page. Replacing the imaged text on the homepage with real Typekit web fonts available in Muse 1.0 is the best option and would be an ideal suggestion from an Adobe employee that wants to upsell a user from free beta software to paid retail software. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to DaveTheFreak

Marian has it right, this is a feature that is included with the Muse 1.0 release. You can choose from many Typekit supported fonts. I can't say if the specific one you are currently using is there or not, but it's likely that you will find one close enough to work and still be searchable.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to DaveTheFreak

It may take Google days, weeks, or months to update its index. That is why it is important to have your ducks in line prior to posting your site for the first time. For fun, try googling for "lorem ipsum" to see how many sites went online with dummy text before they posted their final drafts.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points