• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite CS6 installation fails with weird error message

Explorer ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated from Creative Suite Design Premium 3 for Mac to Creative Suite Design Premium 5.5 for Mac. I am eligible to a free update to Creative Suite Design/Web Premium 6 for Mac and waiting to receive a serial number for this update from Adobe. I have an Intel Core i5 iMac with 8 GB RAM and with OS X 10.7.3 on it.

I downloaded today (May 8) Creative Suite Design/Web Premium 6 and tried to install it as a trial version (to bridge the time until I get the serial number). However, the installation failed several times after about 30 minutes and after installing many folders and files with the error message "Installation Failed. Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure. The product you are trying to install is not an Adobe Genuine Software and appears to be conterfeit." Before trying to install this final version that I downloaded today from the Adobe website I had never a beta version of Creative Suite 6 or any of its components installed.

I then deinstalled the Creative Suite Design/Web Premium 6 with the Adobe Uninstaller, restarted my computer and let also the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool run (which did not find anything to uninstall anymore).

After that I restarted the computer again and tried to install Creative Suite Design/Web Premium 6 again and got again - after about 30 minutes of installation activity - the same error message.

When I let the installer run again it offered only Acrobat, Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop as programs that could be installed. I chose only Indesign and Photoshop and this installation completed without error message.  When I let the installer run once more again it now offered only Acrobat and Illustrator as programs that could be installed. I chose only Illustrator and this installation did not complete but ended (at 99% of the installation process) again with the same error message. Although Indesign has been allegedly installed successfully I can not start it. Whenever I try to start it its icon bounces for a very long time in the dock and then simply disappears again.

Does anybody here have an idea what is going on here and how this could get fixed? Why is the software which I downloaded directly from the Adobe website considered counterfeit?

Greetings - kmr2012

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

All direct CS6 trial download links and very good instructions how to make it work without the maddening Adobe downloader can be found here:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

One still needs an Adobe account to use these links.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure could be due to corrupt download.  Could you please try down loadingCreative Suite Design/Web Premium 6 once agian and then try installing it. I think this should solve your problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the direct link for downloading the Creative Suite Design/Web Premium? I don't want to download once again with the Adobe downloader (which is very unreliable). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All direct CS6 trial download links and very good instructions how to make it work without the maddening Adobe downloader can be found here:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

One still needs an Adobe account to use these links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to download the trial version - using the direct download link and not the Adobe download application - once again and then to install the whole package without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines