Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

May 14, 2012 6:27 PM

I am working with the trial version and can't convert a file to prores.. is that functionality only in the full version or has progress conversions been taken out of CS six..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to gatolinn

Have you downloaded and installed the ProRes codecs for QuickTime from Apple?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to gatolinn

gatolinn, can you be more specific about what you are looking for in AME CS6?

If you have the ProRes codecs installed (via an Apple application like FCP, Motion, or Compressor), you can write a QuickTime file with the ProRes codecs, the same as in AME CS5.5. Set the format of your output to QuickTime, open the Export Settings for the output, and change the codec to your desired flavor or ProRes. This works in the trial.

If you do not have the ProRes codecs installed, you will not be able to write a ProRes file with AME, trial or otherwise.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to gatolinn

gatolinn, I'm still not clear what it is you are looking for and are not seeing.

The trial is fully featured (all formats and codecs are enabled during the trial period).

The formats that are available in AME will depend on which Adobe product or suite that you installed. See my answer in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1000329?tstart=0

If the problem is that you are not seeing QuickTime in the list of formats, then that may mean you installed an Adobe product that doesn't install it. (Or you are on Windows and you have not installed QuickTime.)

If you have installed an Adobe video product, and you still don't see QuickTime, then yes, maybe a reinstall will help. If not, please post a specific description and screenshots of the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to gatolinn

The link you provided to the DVX forum discusses only sequence settings in Premiere Pro, not AME. The advice given there (a QuickTime or ProRes specific sequence setting is not required) is accurate. If you have further questions about sequence settings, please start a new thread on the Premiere Pro forum.

Please let us know if reinstalling does the trick for you. If not, please post screenshots of the problem.

To be clear, when everything is installed and working:

- You will see QuickTime in the list of available formats in AME.

- AME does not export ProRes natively. You need to have the ProRes codec components installed via an Apple application.

- If ProRes is installed, the ProRes codecs will be available in the Export Settings dialog when QuickTime is the selected format.

- There are no AME presets for ProRes. You need to change the export settings manually.

- You can create (and share) your own presets that use the ProRes codecs so you don't have to change the settings every time.

> what I am trying to do is to see if the metadata is being carried over correctly

It may be worth starting a new thread for this question (I'd advise posing this question at the Premiere Pro forum, which gets more traffic). Be specific about what metadata, how, and when you would like it to be transferred.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to gatolinn

Are you Windows or Mac?

The ProRes Codec pack from Apple that runs on Windows can only decode.

Is a ProRes Encoder (for Windows) included with CS6? (It hasn't in any prior release)

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:48 PM   in reply to Rallymax-forum

> Is a ProRes Encoder (for Windows) included with CS6? (It hasn't in any prior release)

Adobe does not include ProRes codecs.You have to get those from Apple. There doesn't exist a ProRes encoder for Windows. Apple doesn't make one.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:18 AM   in reply to gatolinn

I was trying to find a confirmation of the trial version having the prores codecs available or not

sadly none of the answers understood that

Todd did, and answered it twice. To wit:

"If you have the ProRes codecs installed (via an Apple application like FCP, Motion, or Compressor), you can write a QuickTime file with the ProRes codecs"

"The trial is fully featured (all formats and codecs are enabled during the trial period)."

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to gatolinn

I know this is an old thread, but these guys answered it quite well. I had the same problem -  I couldn't find any ProRes codecs in AME but after reading this thread, I had that problem resolved in a few seconds. Thanks for your clear answers guys! Appreciate it!

JR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points