Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigational Banner and A SlideShow Hybrid

New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just have a quick question on ActionScript 3.0. I created this banner http://creatiwitty.co.uk/web/iON_Banner.swf. It is an interactive banner where the user clicks on butons to navigate through the information. I have used event listeners for the navigation to work.

I don't want this banner to be limited by user's input i.e if no one clicks on the banner then the banner should start playing the various scenes inside it in a loop. The moment someone clicks on it, i want it to return to the main scene and become a navigational banner again.

1. Banner Loads
  2. Waits for the user input (say for 5 seconds)
  3. If no input, then go to scene 2, scene 3, scene 4, scene 5,scene 2, scene 3, scene 4, scene 5... and so on
  4. As soon as a user clicks on it, load scene 1. Wait for a button to be pressed and load a scene accordingly

Please if possible reply today itself, have to submit the project in a couple of hours.

Cheers

- me!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the quick question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to achieve the below described result.

I don't want this banner to be limited by user's input i.e if no one clicks on the banner then the banner should start playing the various scenes inside it in a loop. The moment someone clicks on it, i want it to return to the main scene and become a navigational banner again.

1. Banner Loads
  2. Waits for the user input (say for 5 seconds)
  3. If no input, then go to scene 2, scene 3, scene 4, scene 5,scene 2, scene 3, scene 4, scene 5... and so on
  4. As soon as a user clicks on it, load scene 1. Wait for a button to be pressed and load a scene accordingly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Timer class to deal with waiting/timing matters.  The Timer should be set for 5 seconds.  Have its event handler function begin the process of playing the different animations.  Have it restarted and/or disabled as needed based on user interactions with the banner.

If you have no experience with the Timer class, you will find plenty of help if you Google "AS3 Timer tutorial"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fr ur quick reply. Like u suspected, i am pretty new to actionscript. so if it is possible, could u please give me a sample code to build upon as i do have very limited time. i will google it anyway. thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Search Google and you will find the sample code you ask for.  How it will need to be worked into your design is something only you will know enough about to be able to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines