Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Publishing Service: Mark as uploaded

May 10, 2012 11:04 AM

Tags: #publishing #service #flickr #lr4

I was under the impression the LR4 would have the capability of marking photos withing a publishing service as uploaded.  After uploading to LR4 my flickr publishing service was not working properly.  I deleted the service, and recreated it.  I added all the photos that had been previosly uploaded to flickr back into this publishing service....but I do not want to upload them again as they are already on flickr.  When I right click on an image with the publishing service there is not an option to "mark as published".  Is there a way to mark the photos as published????

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/noelty/ScreenShot2012-05-10at82652AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to noelty

The option to "Mark as Up-to-Date" is, I think, only available for photos in the "Modified Photos to Re-Publish" queue. It does not seem to be available for any in the "New Photos to Publish" queue, which I guess all your photos are if you deleted and recreated the service.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to noelty

I would appeal to the plugin author. It's entirely possible to add a "Mark As Published" feature to apply to "Not Considered Published Yet" photos. Lightroom alone can't do it, since the publishing service itself needs info unique to the publishing service / photos...

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement by way of Adobe / Lightroom - just that you are far more likely to get the feature you want sooner by going to the plugin author(s).

Example from Photooey Publisher:

photooey_pub.gif

Now that I think about it, have you tried Jeffrey Friedl's Flickr publishing plugin? - It may already have this feature(?)

Cheers,

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to noelty

I sympathise with your position.

In case you are not aware of it, there is an alternate way of publishing to Flickr from LR using the plugin created by Jeffrey Friedl.

It is highly regarded, highly functional and I believe it will synchronise to an existing set of photos already uploaded - I'm not sure if the built in LR one will, if you create a new service.

If interested see ...http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/flickr/publish

It's not an option that I personally use because my needs are simpler and I will always try to make do with an out of the box solution - a personal choice.

FYI - I have recently migrated to LR4.1 RC2 from LR4.0 and the Flickr publish seems to work fine except if you have a Line feed or Carriage return in your photo caption - in which case LR cannot contact Flickr and suggests your internet connection may be broken - in summary, it is still not without issues

Alan

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points