Skip navigation
Jeannie Mutum
Currently Being Moderated

Life after cloud???

May 10, 2012 11:08 AM

If anyone can answer this...I would love to know. Say we do a project on cloud and then decide we do not want to subscribe anymore...do we lose access to our work? Adobe is the champion of not being backward compatible...when you add cloud to that mix, are we totally at their mercy, even more than we are now? And after the introductory offer of $360 a year...it goes up to what? This is extortion. If only there was an alternative...how grand life (& my bank account) would be.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 11:42 AM   in reply to Jeannie Mutum

If you cancel your supscription, you will have a certain number of days to get your files off creative cloud as your storage space will go back to 2GB, if you are over the 2GB after the cool off period it will delete files until you're down to your 2GB. I think it's either 30 or 60 days to remove the work if I remember correctly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to Jeannie Mutum

$49.99 per month thereafter I believe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Jeannie Mutum

Well, I'm not, I'm just a user like you, and in some respects I agree with you, but fundementally this is just one of their products, you can carry on buying the suites at a fixed price, or you can just carry on using cs5 or whatever version you have until you can afford a new version, I don't think you are meant to upgrade everytime a new version comes out feesibly to get your money's worth out of your purchase. But the creative cloud is an alternative where you will never have to buy another suite at $400.00 an upgrade every year, so it could save money in the long run.

I think the way to play it in the set-ups like yours would be to have a few months put away to afford the costs for the more quieter months, to pay for the cloud.

I know that isn't a solution to the high cost price, and I'm not agreeing that they're correct, but we'll just have to find good methods to cover the costs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points