• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

high speed scrubbing (cs6)

Engaged ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where did the scrubbing dial go? is it gone? or hidden? i miss it =( i also don't like the fact the zoom in feature has changed. but not as annoying as the scrubbing. so is scrubbing axed? (i realize you can do it with the playhead, but i liked the dial better.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Have you actually *tried* the JKL..?  It doesn't sound like you have.  2x/4x/8x is built in - hit L once, regular playback speed; hit it again, 2x; and so on.  Also, if you need to temporarily slow down, try this:  hit & hold the L key until you hit a region of interest, then (again, while the L key is down) hold down the K key at the same time.  Playback speed gears down into frame stepping.  Let go of K again: regular playback speed resumes. You can also use the K paused state in tandem with t

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 164 Replies 164
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shuttle wheel has been removed from the Source and Program Monitors in Premiere Pro CS6. You can use JKL keyboard shortcuts to achieve the same thing. Press JK or KL to shuttle slowly.

You can find a shuttle wheel in the Trim Monitor, if you really need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or buy a Contour Shuttle Pro.  you'll wonder how you ever worked without it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon-M-Spear wrote:

...or buy a Contour Shuttle Pro.  you'll wonder how you ever worked without it!

wow.... never even seen one of those before. 80 bucks on amazon, not bad... i may invest. i used the shuttle feature quite extensively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I can't believe in all the "customize your workspace" nonsense they touted, that they don't let me add the shuttle to the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I cant believe they removed it completely. All of the UI enhancements they are options to go back to the original 5.5 and prior settings yet they dont give an option to add the shuttle/jog buttons. I hope they change that for the next update. I really liked using the shuttle wheel and jog slider. To hjide the button to clean up the interface is one thing, but not to leave the option for it is ridiculous.

Not everyone uses just JKL. I use it regularly however I also like the "OPTION" keyword here "OPTION" of using the mouse and the jog/shuttle controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon, my ShuttlePro is acting a little funny with CS6.  Particularly the jog wheel.  I think the video is lagging my movement of the wheel, making it very hard to do accurate movement.  Are you experiencing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is horrible...Adobe want me to now start playing multi-key games with eyes off the monitor where before I could use the mouse to move in the video smoothly.

The trim window is useless for this for this. It doesnt' support editing and it is modal, you can't access anything else in the application while it is up.

I move back and forth over a few frames looking for editing points. I don't find the control wheels and advantage and I don't have the space for it. My 2600k 16GB 20TB computer does more than video editing.

The new layout wastes space and doesn't significantly add significantly to real estate.

I want the job and shuttle brought back IMMEDIATELY. This change dramatically screws up my editing. What could Adobe have been thinking!!!

CS6-Problem-01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't used CS6 yet, but I use the the shuttle bar and jog wheel all the time. I can't believe that of all the useful feature requests people were clamoring for, deleting the navigation tools were high on the list.

No thanks, please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you guys dont know of it...this may help.

Hover your cursor over the Source or Program Monitors and use the mouse scroll wheel to make fine adjustments frame by frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fraction of the functionality. It gives maybe a 1/2 second of movement. The Jog wheel gave 5+ seconds plus variable speed, slower up and down then left and right. The shuttle moved seamlessly between slow and fast speeds, forward and back. Hitting the J-K-L or Shift J and Shift-K isn't even a close substitute.

This seems like a classic case where the product planners used "experts" to determine features rather than "users". It is made worse by the new upgrade policy which forces you onto a Creative Cloud subscription or to forced annual updates (since only the most recent version can be upgraded in the future).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I thought you said 

" I move back and forth over a few frames looking for edit points"

so I supplied the solution that I use for fine tuning edit points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understandable...I didn't know you could sue the wheel...and a few to me was closer to 30 or 40. The jog gave lots of flexibility with a simple mouse movement. The shuttle did also.

When Audition lost the frequency zoom on the spectral frequency display it was because of a new codebase to work on the Mac. CS6 Audition brings the zoom back with enhancements.

This is a lose of functionaity with no advantage. They even took away timeline data that was displayed before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried scrolling the mouse wheel in program/source while using the "SHIFT" key modifier? Have no idea if that would work (just now downloading CS6) but I know that the SHIFT key modifier usually does act as a 5x multiplier for frame advancing in the timeline for most of the relevant Adobe apps. Try holding SHIFT while hovering your mouse over the program/source monitor and scrolling with the mouse wheel, let me know if that does anything for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hover over the Monitors and scroll with the mouse wheel frame for frame. Just like Graig said.

With Shift it will scroll 5 frames at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't help me in the mulitcam window, where I do a lot of precise cuts, because it doesn't work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure it works in a multicam sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But these workarounds are weak substitutes for the real thing. The net is the program and source window navigation was screwed up by removing a bug free feature that is widely used. For many, including myself, it dramatically and adversely affects my editing speed which is a key factor.

Adobe, bring back this feature IMMEDIATELY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Adobe, bring back this feature IMMEDIATELY!!!

You can submit feature requests here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

We didn't think that many people used it, and we didn't get much indication in our large beta-testing group to the contrary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your  beta group was obviously biased. If you had instrumented a random population of CS5 and CS5.5 you could have had statistics on which controls are used. I never heard of the Beta. I only saw the Photoshop "beta" when I was searching for CS6 information when Lightroom 4 came out. That wasn't really a beta at that time;;;;late March 2012.

It isn't a "feature" request. It is a DEFECT. An important feature that was removed. It should have to wait for CS7. It should be returned (maybe as an option) in the first bug fix release.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED! Exactly what David said. I love PP, certainly enhance the editing workflow,etc., but dont permanently remove transport controls and other "staples" that have been in the interface since the beginning. I know the idea is to be a more streamlined editing UI like AMC, but please leave the option to bring buttons back as a preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are at it, the time panel under the play head was also removed it much harder to know where you are it the clip.. If that was a good idea, why was it left on the sequence?  It serves the same function in the program and source windows, identifying in and out points and a perspective on overall position.

Someone dropped the ball IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, right click on where the ruler is and click "time ruler numbers" is that what you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wes, Thanks!  That was it. Why was it turned off? All that was there was blank space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the simplify the interface thing they've done with CS6. Which is fine, if they allow you to change it back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines