Skip navigation
vinnievinnievinnie
Currently Being Moderated

store a .pdf on an iphone 4?

May 10, 2012 11:23 AM

i downloaded the adobe app, but i'm unable to save a .pdf to my phone. i'm going on a mountain biking trip, and trying to save the trail map - cell service is spotty up there so i'm not certain i'll be able to access the map from the web. thanks...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 12:04 PM   in reply to vinnievinnievinnie

You can use Dropbox.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to Bernd Alheit

Cloud storage apps (like Dropbox) are probably the easiest, though I would be sure to "Open in" Adobe Reader before you leave so that the file is saved there locally (we save a copy of the file once opened). There are several other methods:

1) Email the document to yourself and "open in" from the mail app

2) Use the method I described in this thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/992991) to transfer files from your PC or Mac to Adobe Reader using iTunes.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy the mountain biking trip! Trail maps on the device are one of my favorite uses for the Mobile Adobe Reader.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to vinnievinnievinnie

You can use dropbox to transfer the files while you are attached to wifi or near wireless service (e.g. at home). You can navigate to the documents in dropbox and choose "open in ..." and then select Adobe Reader (while still at home). Once you've opened the file, it will be saved in the Adobe Reader documents directory on the device and you won't need networking to access the document. The iTunes solution works similarly (sync the file to Adobe Reader while connected to a computer with iTunes).

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to vinnievinnievinnie

Great! Don't forget to charge the battery!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points