Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to start Debug server? No Redistributables?

May 11, 2012 12:34 PM

Tags: #debug #indesign_server

Hi everyone,

Having issues with trying to run a Debug server for development testing. The server is not on the same dev box as Visual Studio, etc. It's a standalone W2008R2 box. I have the Debug version installed for testing but when trying to run it I get the 'side-by-side configuration error'.

Did a quick search and just installed the 2005 C++ redistributables but still no go.

So how can I get this Debug server up and running so we can develop against it without using our Production license?

There is zero Adobe documentation on this that I have found and quite frustrating for sure.

Edit:

I did a sxstrace and here are the results:

=================
Begin Activation Context Generation.
Input Parameter:
          Flags = 0
          ProcessorArchitecture = AMD64
          CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
          ManifestPath = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\InDesignServer.com
          AssemblyDirectory = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\
          Application Config File = 
-----------------
INFO: Parsing Manifest File C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\InDesignServer.com.
          INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is (null).
          INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8".
          INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture amd64.
                    INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
                              INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
                                        INFO: No publisher policy found.
                                        INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
                              INFO: Begin assembly probing.
                                        INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
                                        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT\9.0.21022.8__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.DLL.
                                        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.DLL.
                                        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.MANIFEST.
                                        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.DLL.
                                        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Server x64 Debug\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT\Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.MANIFEST.
                                        INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
                              INFO: End assembly probing.
          ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8".
ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
End Activation Context Generation.

On the same server I have the Release version of 5.5 and it starts up with no issue. What's the point of the Debug/Developer version if it doesn't start? Do I need to reach out to my Adobe rep for answers on this?

Thanks for any help/tips/pointers.

~Allen

Message was edited by: AJDValien

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to AJDValien

Not speaking from InDesign experience here, but...

The sxstrace indicates it's the VC9 debug versions of the C runt time DLLs that the server wants to load. I think that corresonds to Visual Studio 2008, not 2005. If you have a licensed version of Visual Studio 2008 you can probably find the DLLs you are looking for in your Program Files (x86) folder. The debug DLLs are not licensed for redistribution by Microsoft so I don't think you'll find a 2008 version of a runtime debug installer anywhere.

In Visual Studio 2010 the equivalent DLLs would be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\redist\Debug_NonRedist\x64\Microsoft.VC100.DebugCRT .

Glenn

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points