Skip navigation
Denbo68
Currently Being Moderated

Installing Muse

May 10, 2012 10:10 PM

Tags: #muse #installation_failure

I received an email tonight from Adobe saying my 1 year subscription to Muse was ready (I had pre-ordered it).  Great!

I install the new application manager then I went to click on Muse and install it.  Great... then it says "Further Account Information is required to use Adobe Muse".  So I click OK and once again log in.

Then it repeats over and over and over. It doesn't say the username/password are wrong.  It just says the same thing over and over again: 

"Further Account Information is required to use Adobe Muse"

So I quit it and I see that Muse is installed.  So I run it and the same thing happens... it askes over and over for my username and password.

I know it is right because I used it to log in here to complain about this problem 

I also have CS6 Production Premium installed.

This is just one among a number of problems that Adobe seems to be having on the backend.  What is going on over there do they need someone to perform an exorcism on their servers or something??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 11:39 PM   in reply to Denbo68

From the look of it it is possible that the product is unable to contact the server. I wonder if you might be behind a firewall or proxy.

Is there something on your computer that could prevent the product to connect to the internet?

If you share some more information, it'll help figure out the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to Denbo68

I have same problem.

Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to Denbo68

Connection to Adobe servers is ok, becose if you type wrong password, Muse says: "The password you entered does not match your Adobe ID."

If you type true password, Muse ask it again and again...

So problem still active.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to Juerg_Streckeisen

Juerg_Streckeisen and Denbo68 can you both please try logging in with your Adobe ID at Adobe.com.  Also Denbo68 do you have a Creative Cloud subscription?  Finally to confirm Juerg_Streckeisen you have a subscription to Muse itself?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Yes, I can login to Adobe.com without problem, and I have subscribtion on one year to Muse. 

order.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to Juerg_Streckeisen

Juerg and Denbo, can you both try logging in here and let us know if it is successful?

http://www.businesscatalyst.com/admin/Index.aspx

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I can't. "ERROR: Either your username, password or both are incorrect [ERROR: 1]."

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to Vikrant Rai

Capture.JPG

I try login another account, and login successful!!! But I got a message:

Capture_1.JPG

So, I can't login account with subscribtion active, but I can login account without subscribtion!?

Any suggestion?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Juerg_Streckeisen

Oh! After that I can login right now!

Problem resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Denbo68

It appears that many people have login problems are now being resolved Denbo68.  I have seen other reports that users who were having similar problems with their subscription are no longer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to Denbo68

Denbo68 it does seem odd that CS6 installed fine but you are having problems still with Muse.  Especially if it worked on another computer.  You may want to try the steps listed in Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html if you wish to investigate your difficulties further.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to Denbo68

Hi team! I have the same problem with muse, with a cloud subscription

*-  I tried to log onto http://www.businesscatalyst.com/admin/Index.aspx and I can't enter

*-  I tried to assign another ID as commented above, nor I could.

I keep
    waiting for solutions, thanks!

Rafael Tuduri

AUGM / ACP / AIP

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to Rafael Tuduri Amengual

Rafael first have you reviewed this thread completely and tried everything suggested?  Second can you confirm that you are able to log into https://creative.adobe.com/ and have downloaded and installed other software?

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff, I explain my situation

* - I've checked everything mentioned in this thread

* - I've also reviewed: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html

* - I installed other software and works well. Edge told me that was installed on 90-day trial. (only Edge)

* - the problem only appears in Windows 7 Pro. I tested on Mac and Win7 Home and works well. (Muse don't ask me my ID to use )

* - Once I login from mac, also allowed me to enter to: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/admin/Index.aspx (It seems I have test account or Partner. He invites me to upgrade) Is the right plan with cloud suscription?

* - I uninstalled everything, re-tested in Windows 7 Pro and I still can't enter in Muse. I have disabled firewall and antivirus.

THANKS FOR ALL, and sorry for my bad english (I'm spanish)

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to Rafael Tuduri Amengual

Rafael Tuduri Amengual I would recommend working directly with our support team.  Since it is Muse you utlize the telephone support option for your region.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 8:09 AM   in reply to Denbo68

I started having this problem when I ordered my Muse subscription and upgraded to the new "live" version on May 12th.  I have been on several chat support sessions and no one seems to be able to help with this. The standard response is, "we will have to escalate this to the next level support", and "someone will contact you in a few business days.". Unfortunately, I don't have a few business days to wait..I have not been able to update my website for four days!.  I am using Windows 7 Enterprise, with no option of using Windows 7 Home.  Is there a fix for this problem?  I am on the verge of canceling my adobe muse and business catalyst subscriptions. I can't afford to be down for this long.  Also, I found out that there is no telephone support for Muse.. that should not be the case for paying customers.  If anyone has the answer to this subscription "Further account information is needed" problem, please HELP!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Denbo68

Thanks Denbo68 for the reply.   I guess I will have to get a refund because I still have not heard from Adobe on this issue.  Fixing this doesn't seem to be a priority on their end and when it comes to this product, they don't seem to care about their customer base.

Yesterday,  I tried calling the 1800 # and as soon as I selected my product (Muse), it responded with Muse telephone support is not available, and to visit the on-line support.

Anyway, as you know, this is terribly frustrating and on top of that to be paying for a product that I can't use is absurd!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:37 PM   in reply to WMElliott

Good News! I think my problem has been resolved. Adobe tech support asked that I go to the  c:\Users\<username>\Local\AppData\OOBE\ and copy the opm.db to my desktop and delete the file from the directory. After doing that, I am now able to launch Adobe Muse. I hope this marks the end of my subscription/Muse problems! Thanks! 

one note, my file was not located in the above directory, but was in the c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\adobe\oobE

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points