• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

am I missing extra content in the Library?

New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased the Adobe Complete Collection and this is my first use of Adobe products. Therefore, my apologies in advance if this question is inappropriate. I've tried to search the forums for an answer, but haven't been able to locate a solution.

I downloaded the extra CS6 Premiere Pro and Encore content and installed it onto my iMac. When I look at the Library content now, there are some sample menus in each of the categories (e.g., general, education), but no buttons, images, text, backgrounds, etc. I'm learning to use Encore by viewing the Lynda CS5 tutorials and the presenter says that there should be quite a bit of content. However, nothing shows up when I press the various buttons (other than the menus).

I've reinstalled the download. I've also checked the Library in the finder and only .psd files are shown in the Library sub-folder. I don't see any references to button files, etc.

Can someone please let me know if I've made a mistake somewhere or whether there has been a change in the free Library contents in CS6?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that the library continues to be in a separate download. But that does not explain the presence of the menus.

I also understand that, returning to the method of several versions ago (CS2?), this will also be true for installations from disks.

I have not yet installed CS6, Can someone who has let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(In Response to Stanley)

There is a very limited set of Functional Content, that IS included with the initial installation of Encore.

As we have seen, the Additional Functional Content will be available for download soon.

Going way back, IIRC, one had the option to Install, or Not, the Additional Functional Content. Again from memory, back with the Production Studio CS2 (PrPro 2.0 also had limited authoring capabilities), the same held for both PrPro 2.0 and EncoreDVD 2.0 in that suite - one could choose to go with just the base list of Functional Content, or install it all, and for both programs (very similar, but not 100% identical). Now, and this is from the media, I believe that the default is TO install that Additional Functional Content.

It is the same thing with Premiere Elements, which has a limited authoring capability. With the program installation, the user gets a few Menus, some Titles, a Theme/Instant Movie, or two, but has to install that Additional Functional Content, to get the full compliment.

Just some observations from way-back,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The complete Encore Functional Content will be available in a few days through a separate download.

Regards,

Neeraj Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where, at the bottom of each post, it says "was this helpful", we need a new option: "informative yet irritating". I guess I need to reinstall Premiere Elements for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know it this is going to work but If you have a previous version installed copy the libary and paste it in CS6 for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(In Response to Ann)

As the Menus are PSD's, and the other Content items are common formats, that should work just fine.

Were I doing that, I would keep the folder/sub-folder structure from the previous version, just to keep things neat.

Good tip,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I didn't know that the package wasn't complete when I purchased CS6. I need the library content to finish a project so I went back in CS 5.1 (still installed on my drive) but all the library content is gone. Is there a way I can have access my content? Did CS6 overwrited something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(In Response to Proj.L)

As most Adobe programs do NOT overwrite previous versions, that should not be the cause here.

In CS 5.1, do you see ANY of the Additional Functional Content?

The exact location/Path for that installation might differ by OS version.

In a worst-case scenario, I would attempt a Repair Install for En CS 5.1, to see if that brings the content back.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing. I went to reinstall the Adobe Encore CS5.1 Library and in the installer, I have an "X" mark at the right of "Adobe Encore CS5.1 Library 4.1 GB" and it says "A newer version of this product is already installed". I can't install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and reinstalling Encore CS 5.1 itself doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is worrisome.

Is your CS6 the cloud? Or a traditional (perpetual) license.

What do you see at this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5.1\Library

Ann/Bill, you have bothinstalled CS6? Do you still have your old libraries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Traditional license. I don't see the path. Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least one other post suggests that installing CS6 is deleting the CS5.1 library. Brother!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm wondering -- has anyone tried installing the CS6 trial? Does it include the library content? 'Cause if so, one could possibly install that on another rmachine and yank a copy of the content to copy to a production machine.

Seriously, though, this is really lame and I wonder what sort of snag would delay distribution of the content for "a few days". Doesn't Adobe have a version of it they could post that could be patchd later if it's missing something or whatever? What could possibly be holding this up? Why did they "release" the product if it wasn't really ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stanley,

Complete clean install - no older versions on the computer, so cannot comment on what happens with the Library. If it IS being deleted/overwritten, that would be a real departure for Adobe programs, as they *usually* allow a user to keep the complete installation of an earlier version. Such a departure would be sad, indeed.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fix" is a good start, but....

See this thread....http://forums.adobe.com/message/4417092#4417092

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, here is the real issue...the "content" templates pretty much suck from Adobe anyways...not super great. Maybe this will change one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed CS6 and it also wiped out my 5.5 library... this is a royal PITA cause I don't have ANYTHING, and without anything, I can't create my own... I've got a project that's already a week late. I'm trying to download the functional content from their link, but if the other Windows users are correct, it won't do me any good... the functional content install from the discs only gave me a few menus under the General tab. I also went back to my 5.5 install disc to see if I could pull the functional content off of it, but it won't let me. Adobe really screwed this one up! I hope it gets all together soon for us Windows users, cause without it I'm in big trouble!

In the meantime, does anyone happen to have the proper naming conventions for creating my own buttons in Photoshop? cause I gotta get this project out the door ASAP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the option that is available and just modify one of those menus. It will have the conventions in place. Starting with a template can help by gettng the right size for your start.

And go here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS2C3F3ABD-6457-4ca0-898F-720B7E3D0C10.html#WS5BAE6E59-8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, Stan... I was able to create my own buttons successfully and get it working... What a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... any news about when it will be available? I bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium CS6 on may 7 and there is still no library content and I can't use Premiere Pro because it can't yet encode files from my XF100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that I have read has been "soon," but I do not know what that translates to. I would anticipate that most Adobe employees (who might know what "soon" means) will be on holiday (Memorial Day in the US), so we might not hear anything, until at least Tuesday, May 29. Not having the Additional Functional Content is not how Adobe usually does things, but who knows what all was going on?

Wish that I had more, but I am definitely out of that loop.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having the Additional Functional Content is not how Adobe usually does things, but who knows what all was going on?

All right; time for some wild speculation.

For several cycles, the Encore library was separated from the traditional "functional content," which had been on a different disk for optional install, and put into the main program install. Well, except for those who installed from downloads, in which the installs were like the traditional - from a separate, optional source.

This cycle (CS6) it is back to an optional separate install, BUT it also appears to be, in its preliminary versions at least, a very reduced library. (This might be because it was all missing, and this is the part they rushed to add back.) But with problems with "the installer" I think they had a problem with the system that was created to deliver the new, combined functional content.

Obviously a huge problem, and probably a big embarrasment for someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines