• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge

Explorer ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install Edge several times but it keeps failing saying that there is a previous version on the mac - I have deleted this and rebooted but still no use.

Any suggestions?

ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted this

Meaning? If you just trashed it and did not properly uninstall it, then the installer still thinks it's on your system. In that case you may need to uninstall everything Adobe, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and reinstrall from scratch.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install trhe latest Edge preview and ama told there is a previous version on the machine. There is, which when I start it says the preview has expired. but Programs and Features doesn't list Adobe Edge. So how do I uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a registry cleaner at some point?  This could explain the missing entry.  Please try the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool which Mylenium linked to in his post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No registry cleaner.. If I use the Cleaner Tool, does that mean I have to install all Adobe products from scratch?  And if it means that, what happens to all my Lightroom catalogs, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose which applications to remove with the Cleaner tool.  Typically though you will want to remove all Adobe Creative Applications first though prior to using the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that Edge, along with several other ADobe products -- PS5, DW 5 and CS6 --  don't appear on the Programs and Features list on my Win 7 machine so I can 't remove them in any other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then remove what you can prior to using the cleaner tool.  Your pictures and preferences will still be retained even after using the Cleaner tool.

Did you ever have entries for these applications in Programs and Features?  If so then it still is sounding to me like a registry cleaner may have been utilized or some other form of system optimization utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't really say if they were ever listed as I never had cause to look for them.  Other Adobe products - CS4 -- were there.  Never used a registry cleaner or optimization tool om this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks BobZ30.  Then would recommend proceeding as we previously discussed.  Since this is a new release I would appreciate if you could respond to this thread with your results.  This will help other users if they run into similar difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the Cleanup Tool, but it didn't seem to work as the installer of the latest Edge still said there was a previous version.  I tried the Cleaner again, although when I tried to open the .pdf file with i, got an error message saying there was a configuration problem with the licensing of the product with an error 130:11.  When I ran the Cleaner again, it said Edge Preview 1 was still there.  Not sure where to go next.  A redownload of the tool didn't help.the

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob I would recommend working directly with one of our support technicians to help resolve your difficulty.  We actually have extended hours for support both today and tomorrow due to the CS6 and Creative Cloud release.  Our support team is available from 7 A.M. to 3 P.M. PDT.  You can locate the option for chat support by going to help on Adobe.com and select Contact Us.  You will then want to choose Creative Cloud and Downloading, Installing, and Setting up.  Then click on the button indicating I still need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines