Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 without ADM

May 11, 2012 12:27 PM

Hi,

I have written on MacOS, a plugin named JLG.Dimension for CS3, CS4 and CS5, using ADM.

Now, ADM is no longer supported.

I studied the sample EmtyPanel in CS6 SDK. This plug in uses cocoa to create the interface.

This approach seems interesting.

I created a tool associated with a panel.

During the ToolMouseDown, I create au path and I would like to modify this path using the values in the panel.

For instance, I would like to move the path using buttons in the interface.

My problem is that I don't know how to exchange variables between the cocoa code and my code in c++.

Probably someone has managed to write a program with a user interface (a simple dialog with a button or two, that would be good) without using AMD.

That would be helpful for everybody to explain how you practice, using an example.

I see that the responses are rare on this forum, but I try my luck anyway.

Excuse me, I am French and I have difficulties to explain clearly my problem.

Thank you in advance.

JLG.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to JLGJeanLouis

My problem is that I don't know how to exchange variables between the cocoa code and my code in c++.

Rename your .cpp files to .mm and you can mix obj-c and c++ freely. If you have to pass data to from your obj-c code to non-obj-c, the Core Foundation equivalents are quite helpful. If there is a specific case you need help with, post here and we can help you out.

I haven't look at the SDK in a bit, but there should be some examples of non ADM dialogs. Is the Twirl Filter example still there?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to JLGJeanLouis

Probably someone has managed to write a program with a user interface (a simple dialog with a button or two, that would be good) without using AMD.

I've built cross platform (non-ADM) user interfaces with the Creative Suite SDK (CS5+) using PlugPlug to launch it from C++ code. However, you obviously cannot share data (variables) between C++ code and ActionScript, and using CSXS events to communicate and pass data between the two can be an unpleasant experience. There are a few examples in the SDK.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to JLGJeanLouis

You will have to use FlashBuilder / Extesion builder to create an Illustrator Extension.

This will be the UI.

To make it works with your plugin, you will have to use csxs event to make them communicate.

It is not so complicated, and works pretty well.

You can take a look at StrokeFilter and StrokeFilterUI to see how you will have to do. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points