Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I remove a PPro project from the computer?

May 11, 2012 8:05 PM

Anyone have a step by step for removing a project from CS3 PPro?  Did I miss the topic in the User Manual or some training session?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 3:39 AM   in reply to Wes Cox

Go to the folder containing the project (assuming everything is in that folder) and hit Delete.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to Wes Cox

Premiere does not have a button to do that for you, you have to do that manually.

If you kept a tight folder regime the assets are removed in a jiffy.

I would not like Premiere to do that for me as i have several projects with the same source files.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to Wes Cox

Wes,

You have hit the "high points," with the Project file, the Scratch Disks (Media Cache - a biggie, Render Files - another biggie, and the AutoSaves - not that big), but for the Source Files, everything depends on how you set up your Projects. My general method is outlined in this ARTICLE. Now, there are reasons to do things a bit differently, like locating all Video files on one RAID, Audio on another and probably Exports on another, but if one does set up those folders and sub-folders below a Project folder, then it's basically a three-click Delete, though on separate HDD's.

I also set up my Encore Projects, below the Project folder hierarchy, so with one-click, I can Delete everything, PrPro & Encore, when finished. By doing so, however, I do sacrifice some performance, over splitting things over several HDD's.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points