Skip navigation
mbchance
Currently Being Moderated

When adding video files and photos to projects does it matter if the name of the folders containing

May 11, 2012 5:41 PM

When adding video files and photos to projects does it matter if the name of the folders containing these change.  I was going to file the photos for a video project in a specific folder.   I assume when I add files to the project they  are really links back to the folders and files selected.  I assume the actual file is not copied and the link becomes part of the PrE10 Adobe project folders.   I had worked on a project,  inserted photos and video files , and then later renamed the primarily folder of photos to include the most current date.  When I opened the PrE10 project, it wanted me to locate the photos.  I think the link wasn't there since I changed the primary folder name with a new date .  I didn't change the name of the individual photos.

If the file/path of selected video files and photo files is changed will it remove the link for the source file?   If so,  I would need to organize the files and never change names of folders or locations.   I intend to burn the projects to DVDs, but if I ever want to open a project, I would need to be sure it isn't moved from within the C drive or to external hard drives.

Before, I used PrE1 and downloaded the video files directly from the video camera, onto the PC using PrE1 software.   I had the Mini DV  as the archive copy of what I shot on the video camera.   With the new HD camera I was transferring these files from the internal storage of the camera to the PC.   I then could back up the files (mts) to DVDs and external HDs, since the media wasn't on a removable source.   I would prefer to transfer the files from the camera this way instead of directly from the camera into PrE10.

Just wanted to confirm how the added media to a project could be impacted .

thanks

Mike Chance

dchance@bellsouth.net

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points