Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Please read: Changes to CS6 Help

Jul 27, 2012 12:47 PM

Currently CS6 help is only available online.  Users can access online help within the product or from this CS6 help hub (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html).  The PDF will be available in June. 

UPDATE July 2012:  PDFs are now available.  Install them directly with the Adobe Help Manager or access them directly here.

More on CS6 Help  changes here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/community-help.html

More info about CS6

Adobe Community Help for Creative Suite 6 has changed:

• A Help article can document multiple versions of the product (CS6, CS5.5, or CS5). The applicable versions are indicated in the article sidebar and in the topic titles.  There is no separate help for each product version.
  • The table of contents has changed.  Help topics now integrate contributions from across Adobe and our community. It displays content for CS5, CS5.5 and CS6. , Think of Community Help as collections of related items rather than structured books. Adobe will continually curate and add to the collections.
  • Help now opens Pressing F1 or selecting Help in your product opens a topic browsing page in a web browser. The web page combines community contributions and Adobe content. Browse the content by topic categories. Click the More link in a category to see a complete list of related items.
  • Offline Help is a PDF instead of HTML in the Community Help browser.  If you want to access Help when you're offline, a PDF is available for download.
  • Content is no longer displayed in a stand-alone Help viewer but in your web browser.

Message was edited by: Kirsti Aho

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2012 10:08 PM   in reply to Preran

Hello, thanks for this info - I am currently trying CS 6 to find out whether it is worthful to change from CS 5.5. For the moment, I had to say yes, definitely! But then I came across the help issue and this is nearly a no-go for me. The community help in CS 5.5 worked perfectly, especially the offline-reader (I am using your products half of the time offline because of very limited internet connection and using help on a daily basis).

The stand alone help viewer had many advantages:

- it was able to handle context-sensitive help, ie. in ActionScript, just highlight a keyword and press F1

- it was rendering and displaying nicely, and was independent of my web browser (my default browser has usually many tabs open and now I have to search for the adobe-help every time)

- it was fast (in comparision to the online help)

Is it possible to switch back to the community help?

Thanks and best regards!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to franzen33

Here are links to the documents for all CS6 applications, in both PDF and HTML format:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for- creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points