• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone help me? Flash player issues

New Here ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about 3 months now i have had some flash issues which i believe i have tried everything i can possibly think of. I am using 11.2.205.235 currently up to date and my main browser is firefox, however this issue happens on all browsers.

I, whenever a new update, do a clean install as per your site instructions. However the last 2 updates it seems that it installs fine, works fine and then once i have restarted my laptop stops working within a browser and has to be reinstalled. The files are still there, it doesnt tell me to reinstall, but it doesnt work, nothing works, so i reinstall and it starts working again.

I have made a new admin acct on my laptop, no joy. I have done at least 100 clean installs, no joy. I have tried many browsers, no joy. I have tried the windows fix for allowing flash you describe, no joy.

I am out of ideas, i continue to reinstall everyday for it to work and its very annoying, please someone help.

Windows vista 32bit

firefox 12

Andrew Manning

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "clean install", does it mean you followed this procedure: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, word for word. At least 100 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the restart, what exactly do you see instead of the Flash content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say i open youtube, it will just be a black section where the video should be. I check to make sure its still installed on the browser, all the files are still on the system, so i reinstall, and as if by magic its working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this symptom dozens of times here at the forum, and normally a clean install fixed the problem permanently.  I don't know why it does not for you.

Things to try:

If that still does not fix it, hopefully someone from the Flash Player team can step in (after the weekend is over in the US).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd definitely recommend the permission fix that Pat linked to.  Please let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines