• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable Arabic in Illustrator CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently working with the CS4 ME version.

After I read this document:

http://helpx.adobe.com/mena/using/arabic-hebrew.html#id_13609

I downloaded the CS6 trial to see if we can upgrade our Macs without waiting for a ME version.

I got Arabic fully enabled in Photoshop – but not in InDesign and Illustrator.

I don't find the options as described in the document above; text direction, character direction, left-bounded pages (in InDesign), and so on...

Is it possible that these feature are not integrated in the current version of CS6 or do I miss some hidden preferences (like in Photoshop the "Middle Eastern" text engine option?

Help is really appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently it opens with - "New and improved features for working in Arabic and Hebrew are available in the Middle East and North African edition of this software."

But still the question remains - per older versions an arabic plugin was available – For CS6, how we can change the flow of text to be correct from right to left and in right order of characters ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

About Illustrator and InDesign, if you're in the following regions, use these links to find more information on the Middle East and North African (MENA) editions:

About Photoshop, I believe Middle-East and North-African support is available in all versions.

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Ai cs6 trial I downloaded, I've asian support, but not arabic, any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Illustrator ME to have support for arabic language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Monika, you are right.

Desert_Water and wael helmi,

Unlike Photoshop where MENA is enabled in all editions, in Illustrator and InDesign, you need the MENA-enabled editions of the software. Please use these links to download the trial and explore Arabic language support in Illustrator and InDesign:

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet, thanx Ivan & monika, this means that other trials (such as dreamweaver) are still labeled ME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wael,

Not sure if I understood your question correctly. But here's the MENA-enabled Dreamweaver download page. Do post back if this does not answer your question:

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, thanks Ivan

Cheers,

W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already purchased and downloaded Illustrator that is not MENA- enabled can I switch? my subscribtion is for a year and I've had it for one day so far. If not can I have them both on one computer or will I have deactivate the first? Is there a way to get out of the one year plan so I can purchase the MENA enabled one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact Adobe sales people to ask this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You may have a look at this plug in, ScribeDOOR, which allows you to edit and work in one or several of the following languages at the same time: Arabic, Azeri, Bengali, Farsi, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer/Cambodian, Lao, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Thai, Urdu, Vietnamese.

You'll find it on the WinSoft store

Hope that helps,

Resgards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines