Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot find CS6 offline help file

May 13, 2012 4:10 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6 #help_disappeared #help_file #help_application

Hi,

When I try to opne the Dreamweaver CS6 help file by clicking on help in the help menu or F1 Dreamweaver opens the site http://helpx.adobe.com/de/dreamweaver/topics.html but not the offline help file. I can see that the Adobe help applcation gets started but it terminates after a few seconds. How can I open the offline CS6 help file? Why idoes Adobe help application terminates after a few seconds? Thank you for your help.

Regards

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to pbeer9

Don't think the offline help-files for CS6 exist yet (if you mean the pdf). Have heard though that they will come in the near future.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 5:24 PM   in reply to pbeer9

Here are links to the documents for all CS6 applications, in both PDF and HTML format:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for- creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2013 2:55 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

The answer above is not quite what the first post asked.

In many parts of CS6 - like setting up a site for instance, there is a help button that does not work if you are offline. Local internet services in my part of the world are rubbish at best and hopeless at worst, so it is not always possible to get on line help. This does not help the working day at all.

I have an installation of CS5.5 and when I click on a help link within the program, it finds my offline help files and displays the correct help for the topic.

I just installed CS6 for the first time on a new PC expecting the same. There appears to be no offline help available, nor can I see any way to install it.

After a major search operation on the adobe website, I did find two pdf help files for CS5, one of which has some help for CS6, but not a lot, and another that contains the same help  + 20 or so pages for the creative cloud version, which is of no use to me. For a program that cost a vast amount to purchase, removing the built in help is not what I expected, though I am not at all surprised.

So is there a way to set up offline help without having the pdf file always open just in case? Or are we stuck with a no help system?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points