Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

[cs6] How do i clear a clip marker/all clip markers

May 13, 2012 3:03 PM

Tags: #adobe #clip #marker

I went into my keyboard shortcuts and added in my old shortcut to make a clip marker (panels-timeline panel- add clip marker) and now i cannot figure out how to navigate clip markers (used to be shift+right or left) or how to clear them?

I also have a bonus question, this forum has changed since i last used it how to i organise the forums so that all the replies are in their own thread instead of seing a bunch of re: in the forum i would like to see the origional starting topics.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 6:50 PM   in reply to Mr Eric J

I can't find that myself.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to Mr Eric J

I can't find how to do anything with them but set one.  Not sure what good that is if you can't navigate to it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Mr Eric J

You can't right click on the markers to get a menu with delete on it???

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to tclark513

Nope.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to Mr Eric J

Eric,

For the Bonus Question, you are correct - the "skins" on the forum have changed. Adobe, and some of the MOD's here, are working to sort many things out. Not sure how successful they will be. Many feel, as you do - it is no longer easy.

I would give it a few weeks, to see what those folk are able to do.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 12:24 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

If you park on a marker, you can right click and clear that marker to delete it, or press Option+M. You can also clear all markers with Option+Command+M. Shift+M = next marker Shift+Command+M = previous marker. There were a number of changes to markers, and marker shortcuts in Premiere Pro CS6.

Check out the following resources:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/markers.html

http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/improved-markers-and-importing-f rom-prelude
    http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/premiere-pro/using/default-keyb oard-shortcuts.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

That info seems to apply to sequence markers, Kevin.  We're talking about CLIP markers.  Seems you guys left out all capability other than setting them.

That's no good.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim. In the Source monitor I can set clip Markers then right click on them and Clear them individually or Clear All

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to shooternz

That's fine, but we need to be able to navigate clip markers in the sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 5:16 PM   in reply to shooternz

Craig's right: other than adding markers to a selected clip, all *clip* marker ops are done in the Source Monitor.  But do not forget that dragging the playhead while holding the Shift key will snap the playhead to a clip marker as you pass it during the drag.

As always, this page is the place to make your opinions known: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

That's fine, but we need to be able to navigate clip markers in the sequence.

Not sure why but keen to hear about that in your workflow..

I set a clip marker in the source and it appears on the clip in the sequence.  If I need to edit it..I double click the clip back to the source monitor.  I can now drag the marker or edit it etc.

Does that work for you?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 10:54 PM   in reply to shooternz

Not sure why but keen to hear about that in your workflow..

Nesting.

I set sequence markers in the edit sequence for where chapter stops will eventually be.  They show up as clip markers once I nest that edit sequence.

My typical work flow is to turn those Clip markers into Sequence markers (for Encore) by skipping along from one to the next.

Can't do that now (or at least, not nearly as easily) without the ability to navigate clip markers in the sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

dragging the playhead while holding the Shift key will snap the playhead to a clip marker

That helps, but it was still easier (and more importantly, quicker) with the keyboard navigation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to Mr Eric J

Sorry if I'm stating something obvious, but does everyone here know that you can customize your keyboard shortcuts?

Many (most?) of the keyboard shortcuts were changed between CS5.5 and CS6. However, there is a keyboard custom preset for CS5.5, so you can select that.

That being said, it DOES NOT exactly work as advertised. There are still some shortcuts - such as clip and sequence marker navigation - that still do not return to their previous keyboard shortcuts after setting keyboard presets to CS5.5.

But you just go in the custom keyboard dialog, select the function and add your keyboard combo back in, easy as pie. Save it as "Mr. Fancy Pants Custom Keyboard Shortcut Bonanza" and you'll have it with you always and forever. Or until CS7 anyway.

There IS a new shortcut option directly for Encore shortcuts however, which is NICE since it used to be a three step process to create an Encore chapter marker in sequence. Now it's a keyboard shortcut (for me, it's CTRL+*). Also added back the ALT+0 shortcut to clear sequence markers on mine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:26 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

go in the custom keyboard dialog, select the function

That's just it, it ain't there anymore!  There is no way to define a keyboard shortcut for Next Clip Marker.

(Or if it is, none of us so far have been able to find it, even with Search.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I'm evidently missing some black magic here on holding down shift and moving the playhead. When I do that to a nested sequence that has markers in CS6, it doesn't snap at all. A shortcut for "next clip marker" would be greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to revjake

Pleas let Adobe know directly.  The more that do, the better the chance of getting it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to Mr Eric J

CS6: I have a similar problem. You can only do clipmarkers in the source monitor. not anymore like in CS3 in the timeline. Now in CS6 clipmarkers have become useless, no navigation possible. Setting Timeline markers in a sequence and adding this sequence to a new timeline, all your markers are displayed as clipmarkers, but unusable. You cannot jump adjust and do anything with clipmarkers anymore. This is really a serious drawback and really hinders the workflow.  When moving clips, clipmarkers stay, That's the idea, why did adobe get rid of it, making it difficult to adjust differnt clips in the same timeline!!!???

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to thanmartin

in CS6 clipmarkers have become useless, no navigation possible.

Yep, that's why we need as many as possible to file that Feature Request...so Adobe will put back what they should not have taken away.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

CS6    I will file that request immediately! Difficult to navigate this site looking for a solution but thank god for that;  I just stumbled onto this thread as I was seeking an answer as to why audio is choppy/intermittently missing from playback and scrubbing, having to repeatedly massage stop-play using mouse, buttons, JKL, spacebar... What a tremendous pain in the ***.   Especially that I finally have everything loaded and ready to go (I waited to start this project with CS6 as I was training myself on CS5.5). I have 22 hours of captured pix and many more hours of ingested audio, (dual system w/no scratch track as picture is tx'd from film negative via tape), and now I have miles of dailies to sync. The title of this thread caught my eye because, just the night before last as I started the syncing process, I found myself struggling with clip markers. Or rather the absence of...  I was baffled and somewhat disheartened. I was relying on the info from EDITOR'S GUIDE TO PREMIERE PRO, which tells me how easy it is to sync dailies using CLIP MARKERS.  Not any more.  There is much to admire about the Production Suite, I've put a lot of time and money into it over the past year.  I put a $20K workstation together from day job wages in anticipation of FCP 8, then had to find an NLE that matched my hardware when FCPeX was released. Adobe seemed like IT.  Maybe, but I'm keeping an eye on LIGHTWORKS in hopes they soon come to the MAC.   (Mac 5,1  Kona 3G;  6GB cineRAID/60;  Areca 1800x.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 10:41 PM   in reply to Mr Eric J

Jim, I filed it as a bug report, for its a bug. I hope many others will file a report as well. For Adobe has the clipmarkers, but forgot to put in navigation and snapping ... I don't wont to pay another upgrade of 300$ just for something Adobe has forgotten to put in their program. Working now more than 12 years with Premiere Pro. It always has gotten better, easier, faster more intuitive, but now ..???

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to thanmartin

Agreed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim, thanks for being on top of this clipmarker problem, it's a major stumbling block in my workflow and from the looks of it, for many others as well. I submitted a feature request on this last night, and just now as a bug report after reading thanmartin's post above...the more the merrier I'm thinking!  

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 9:54 PM   in reply to Transitory22

Adobe does prioritize, so yes...more requests are better.  (Although ideally from different users.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points