Skip navigation
coryschmitz
Currently Being Moderated

Error 16 on Creative Suite 6

May 14, 2012 12:30 PM

Tags: #help #error #cs6 #16

Hi.

I just spent $1422 on Adobe CS 6 Design Standard. It was working fine for a couple of days. However, yesterday when I tried to launch any of the applications, a message popped up telling me to uninstall and reinstall the applications ( http://cl.ly/3D1u1r3T1G1F2b0a370H ). After trying to do this for HOURS (the installer kept crashing), I finally was able to reinstall the apps, only to recieve the message again. What should I do? This is extremely frustrating, as I have a ton of work to do and this is holding me up.

More info:

Mac OS X Version 10.7.4

2.66 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Thanks

-C

Replies
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    May 17, 2012 2:25 AM   in reply to coryschmitz

Probably some other application has modified the permissions causing this problem. Try correcting the permissions of AdobePCD, SLCache, SLStore folders as specified in following kb doc and see if it helps -

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/configuration-error- cs5.html#main_MacOSX

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    May 17, 2012 10:29 PM   in reply to coryschmitz

Need not worry I will involve someone from the team and will resove it on connect. I am going to send you a request for connection session in a private message. Just let us know your availability.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 4:23 PM   in reply to coryschmitz

i need a connect session to fix this problem tooo

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    Dec 12, 2012 10:40 PM   in reply to gerberman

Please elaborate if you are also facing the same error as posted earlier - Configuration error:16. Or provide details if it is different.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 5:03 AM   in reply to Sharad Saxena

Hi I just bought CS6 1 month ago and installed it on a brand new macbook pro and have been using it perfectly fine. I haven't used the software for a week and I am having the exact same issues as above.

error message is:

-------------------------------------------------

Configuration error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times now, I've also checked the permisions several times (as posted in several forums) and they are as they're meant to be however none of the programs in the creative suite will run.

I really don't know what else to do, please help. My specs are:

OS X v10.8.2

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB DDR3

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to CriMsoNacidic

Can anyone help me please?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to CriMsoNacidic

Is it possible for you to share some of the log files to help us debug the issue. These files are amt3.log and oobelib.log and these can be found in '/tmp' folder.

If nothing concrete comes out of the logs, then I suggest to have a connect session to debug the issue further.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to vikgupta

Hi vikgupta

Thank you for getting back to me. I have uploaded the log files to dropbox (see link below) however I don't have the oobelib.log file. I have the amt3.log and PDapp.log file (i read somewhere on the faq page that that is a helpful file).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbufpi408t8y7c4/fR6X5wNapa

I had a quick look at the amt3.log and from what I can see the setting on the SLCache file is not set to read and write however I've checked it and it is. Not sure if this piece of information is helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to Sharad Saxena

I have the same issue with Error 16. Just bought the Photoshop CC. I have OX 10.8.4.

Please send connect issue invite to Rfishersnd@aol.com. Error will not go away and I want to get started!

Thank You!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2014 4:35 AM   in reply to Sharad Saxena

I got the same problem in Adobe Master Collection CS6.

When success install (First finish setup, the installation message said it successful. and then finish the updata through the Adobe application manager.), run the application but none could run(for example photoshop, PR,AE,AI, except Adobe application manager).

error message is:

Configuration error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times now and had use adobe clean tool to make sure clean enough, I've also checked the permisions several times (following the step of http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/configuration-error- cs5.html#main_MacOSX) and they are as they're meant to be however none of the programs in the creative suite will run(except Adobe application manager).

I've got no idea and really don't know what else could do, please help.

My specs are:

OS X v10.9.2

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB DDR3

It had been done at (GMT+8) 7:28PM Apr 12. 

Thanks to the Adobe Technical Support - "Mudassir". His answer resolve the issue.

"Mudassir: Please give full permissions as mentioned in the document to the complete adobe folder in the location: /Library/Application support/Adobe."

All done by finish the only one step above.

Message was edited by: CROTEL

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points