I just spent $1422 on Adobe CS 6 Design Standard. It was working fine for a couple of days. However, yesterday when I tried to launch any of the applications, a message popped up telling me to uninstall and reinstall the applications ( http://cl.ly/3D1u1r3T1G1F2b0a370H ). After trying to do this for HOURS (the installer kept crashing), I finally was able to reinstall the apps, only to recieve the message again. What should I do? This is extremely frustrating, as I have a ton of work to do and this is holding me up.
Mac OS X Version 10.7.4
2.66 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Probably some other application has modified the permissions causing this problem. Try correcting the permissions of AdobePCD, SLCache, SLStore folders as specified in following kb doc and see if it helps -
Hey Sharad, thanks for your reply.
I tried correcting those permissions, but they all already had the correct permissions. Tried launching again, still didn't work. Tried uninstalling + reinstalling + correcting permissions in a new admin user, in root mode, and in regular mode several times, still nothing works.
I don't understand. What should I try next? I have so much to work on and this is very disappointing.
Need not worry I will involve someone from the team and will resove it on connect. I am going to send you a request for connection session in a private message. Just let us know your availability.
Hi I just bought CS6 1 month ago and installed it on a brand new macbook pro and have been using it perfectly fine. I haven't used the software for a week and I am having the exact same issues as above.
error message is:
Please uninstall and reinstall the product.
If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times now, I've also checked the permisions several times (as posted in several forums) and they are as they're meant to be however none of the programs in the creative suite will run.
I really don't know what else to do, please help. My specs are:
OS X v10.8.2
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Is it possible for you to share some of the log files to help us debug the issue. These files are amt3.log and oobelib.log and these can be found in '/tmp' folder.
If nothing concrete comes out of the logs, then I suggest to have a connect session to debug the issue further.
Thank you for getting back to me. I have uploaded the log files to dropbox (see link below) however I don't have the oobelib.log file. I have the amt3.log and PDapp.log file (i read somewhere on the faq page that that is a helpful file).
I had a quick look at the amt3.log and from what I can see the setting on the SLCache file is not set to read and write however I've checked it and it is. Not sure if this piece of information is helpful.
Europe, Middle East and Africa