Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up profiles

May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using Business Catalyst and am wondering if it's the right solution for what I am trying to do.  We have a client that own's a modeling agency and she is wanting a website that displays the profiles of her talent, with a photo gallery of each person on their profile page, and a search function that allows clients to search for the specific type of talent they are looking for.  I've played around with the Photo Gallery module a bit, and I see that it fuctions using Light Box.  This would be great for the profile pages, but so far I haven't found anything that would be ideal for creating those profiles.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Content management and modules , Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can easily do this with BC web apps. Have a look at some of the templates at tribevita.com that have staff profiles on them. You could easily create the same thing for model profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through tribevita.com.. definitely a lot of good templates.  They're wanted a database of profiles, though.   The idea is to have them in a database so we can have people search through people who meet their specific needs, pull them up by what they do, age, gender, etc.  I'm not sure if I just haven't found a template like that or if those profiles are all html pages created individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The features in many of those templates where they have staff profiles for example are done in a database using web apps. They aren't static html pages created individually. When setting up the web app you can easily include datafields for any data that you want to store such as gender, age, etc .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines