Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Frame works in Flash ActionScript3.0

Contributor ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want learn a 3d frame work  but  I had a little bit confuse. The thing  what is difference between stage 3d and other 3d frame works. To work on stage 3d should I need to learn any 3d framework or stage3d is enough?? If I need to learn other 3d frame works which one is the best.Finaly is stage3d also a framework??

Thanks in advance

Regards

kiran.k

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Stage3D is an API not a frame

Stage3D is very low-level and other 3D engines build on this to create an easier to use framework. This includes making it easier to do reasonably complicated features, including lighting, shadows, importing models etc etc

Strictly speaking you can use just Stage3D without any framework at all, however if you are doing anything slightly complicated you will end up writing your own framework.

I would recommend using a framework.

there are loads of frameworks out there yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stage3D is an API not a frame

Stage3D is very low-level and other 3D engines build on this to create an easier to use framework. This includes making it easier to do reasonably complicated features, including lighting, shadows, importing models etc etc

Strictly speaking you can use just Stage3D without any framework at all, however if you are doing anything slightly complicated you will end up writing your own framework.

I would recommend using a framework.

there are loads of frameworks out there you can take a look at. some are free other aren't, some have license agreements requiring you to include framework logos etc.

I'd recommend taking a look at Flare3D, and Alternativa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Spoboyle,

Thanks for the reply. It Means with stage3d we can make and animate the 3d content in the flash right?.

I Think I was almost cleared. I was thinking about away3d  frame work. so what is the difference in away3d, flare3d and alternativa3d.

Thanks

Regards

kiran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you can make and animate 3d content with stage3d although if you are going use stage3d without a framework it's going to be very hard and complicated.

tbh i have only ever used papervison3d (before stage3d came out) and i would not recommend it now.

recently I have been playing around with pure stage3d so i can understand what's happening low-level under the bonnet of these frameworks and believe me it's been fairly complicated getting even the basics working. in doing my research flare3d and alternativa have been the engines of choice by those that have been working with the frameworks.

perhaps you could read this which is probably better than anything i could give you

http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2011/02/14/flare3d-vs-away3d-in-the-creation-of-a-simple-game/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and here are some benchmarks tests if performance is important to you

http://blog.alladvanced.net/2011/01/15/speed-test-comparison-between-away3d-alternativa3d-and-flare3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks spoboyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines