Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installing digital publishing tools

May 15, 2012 3:11 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 3:11 AM   in reply to Community Help

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.01.1 Update (for Windows) defective?

I had InDesign CS6 running with the v.20 DPS tools installed and working when I got a message to update those tools to 2.01.1 Update this morning, right after installing them I tried to open InDesign CS6, the application stops working and shuts down everytime the Folio Builder panel is opened*. Thus for working with InDesign I have to use a workspace not showing the DPS panels.

I have another installation of IDCS6 app in a SSD drive and have not allowed it to update the DPS Desktop Tools CS6, and it works.

• (The Folio Builder shows a spinning line as it were trying to Connect or show the sign up text and link, after a couple of seconds it closes and a Windows error message appears, then IDCS6 shuts down) I have tried restoring Preferences and restarted the computer.

There is a way to reinstall the 2.0 DPS tools? Or uninstall and try to manually reinstall?, as Control Panel does not show it.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 11:33 PM   in reply to Community Help

Is it possible to delete the "Adobe Content Viewer Release" PDF from the adobe content viewer? Any way to archive that?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Nov 15, 2012 11:40 PM   in reply to Taunsie

No. It's baked into the app itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 9:00 PM   in reply to Community Help

Sir, i have recently try to using Digital Publishing. I have prepare file according to tutorials, but i have face problem when i am publish it. Currently i am using CS6. Help me.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jan 10, 2013 5:55 PM   in reply to EDI_Jains

Please start a new thread and explain the problem in more detail.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am a new subscriber to Creative Cloud. I am working in InDesign and am ready to build a folio. When I select Folio Builder I get a message to go to HELP and select UPDATES and then download the Digital Publishing Tools. But when the UPDATES window opens there is no Digital Publishing Tools item offered as a selection. I am stuck at this point. What do I do to correct this and access the Digital Publishing Tools.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 2, 2013 4:59 PM   in reply to Johnboy\'s screen

Did you see DPS Desktop Tools when you chose Help > Updates? If so, that's what you need to install. If not, and if the Folio Builder panel is still saying you need an update, we'll have to do some troubleshooting to fix the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 5:11 PM   in reply to Johnboy\'s screen

If you don't see DPS Tools in Help > Updates, try downloading the CS6 DPS files directly from the link at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f60-2 1ba9a4512e5e5e0b8d-7ffe.html.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Thank you Neil. I tried that link but it just takes you to a link for an update patch, not the full Digital Publishing Tools download. And, Bob, when I choose Help-Updates I am not offered a Digital Publishing Tools download. Some more troubleshooting required.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 5:55 PM   in reply to Johnboy\'s screen

That is the full install, even though the filename may say "patch" in it. Download from the link I provided and run what you downloaded.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 6:04 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Neil, I did as you instructed and Lo and Behold It WORKS now. That's why I love ADOBE. Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 6:33 PM   in reply to Johnboy\'s screen

I'm glad you are up and running. Have fun!

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points