Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cant launch Photoshop cs6

May 15, 2012 9:03 AM

hi,

i downloaded Photoshop cs6 trial and when i click the Photoshop icon to open the software i get a window:

Photoshop.exe - Entry Point Not found  

The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERENEL.32.dll.

What can I do???

I have allready tried to reinstall....

still the same.....

HELP

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to OK32ISR

Did it ever work?  Do you receive any error messages when installing Photoshop?  Which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to OK32ISR

Please run the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to verify there was no installation error.  Do you have a previous version of Photoshop installed?  If so is it functioning properly?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff - I have the same issue, also on XP Pro (SP2). I ran the Support Advisor and it finds no issues.

Also, I'm also running Photoshop CS5 - it runs properly. So, something's not happy in the CS6 installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to zombiedon

I'm having the same issue.  I'm running Windows 7 pro 64 bit and I've got Photoshop CS5 extended and that runs fine.  I've downloaded the support advisor and it didn't find any issues either.  What else is there to try?  I can find the file everything was downloaded to and I click on the setup and I get the status bar looking like it is doing something but when it gets to the end it doesn't do anything.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to cmoss5

Do either of you receive any errors during the installation process?  If not then I can move this thread over to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.  The users in that forum can offer troubleshooting steps more specific to Photoshop launching successfully.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 11:46 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

No errors at all.  Nothing out of the ordinary except it doesn't finish the installation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to cmoss5

Cmoss5 before I move this thread over are you sure you have the same issue as the original poster?  OK32ISR stated the following, "

i downloaded Photoshop cs6 trial and when i click the Photoshop icon to open the software i get a window:

Photoshop.exe - Entry Point Not found 

The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERENEL.32.dll."

This to me seemed to indicate the error was received while opening Photoshop not installing.  Is this the exact error message which you receive?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

For me, I've since found out that I need to install XP Service Pack 3 (I'm running SP2).

And it's an error starting up Photoshop - the installation went fine.

Thanks,

Don

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to zombiedon

I was able to get online with Adobe Chat and they had me dowload Adobe Application Manager and then go to the file that was downloaded on my computer and double click on the set up application in that folder and then it installed.  So for me, the issue has been resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to cmoss5

Excellent Zombiedon and cmoss5 thank you for the update.  Hopefully these solutions will help OK32ISR as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points