Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Menu timing and looping

May 15, 2012 10:47 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am having trouble with the title menu going to "stop" (a blue DVD Device screen) when the background video ends.  I have the video set to loop forever, and the end action for the menu is set to the same menu (not "stop") --I see no option to remove the end action, so I assume there must be an end action for the menu.  When I view the project in the Encore CS4 preview window, the video loops, but when I build a DVD and view it on a DVD player, the DVD goes to "stop" (a blue device screen) after the background video ends (no matter what player I put the DVD in).  Also, regarding the "Set menu loop back" instructions above, "set to loop point" is greyed out in the "Specify Link" pop up menu, whether or not I leave the loop point at zero or change it to another number.  Is there something I'm missing to get the background video to repeat forever instead of stopping the operation of the disc once the video completes?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to digabyte

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

It's extremely simple:

DVD_FlowChart.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Community Help

Encore CS6 Mac crashes everytime I preview a motion menu with loop.

Also, burning DVD, the last frame of the menu freezes and buttons become unresponsive.

This is a bug that Adobe need to fix soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to ag.flexicare

Please don't double-post.  Duplicate post removed.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to Community Help

When playing a burned Bluray disc created in Encore CS5 (or any previous version), my motion menu pauses for a second at the specified loop point and then continues on with the rest of the motion video as expected. The pause problem remains regardless of the format of the motion video. When the same project is burned to a SD DVD, there is NO pause problem in the burned DVD.  Also, the Encore pre-burn preview runs fine. 

This problem has persisted for at least 4 years now.  The blogs are filled with comments related to this problem, yet Adobe has remained dormant in seeking a solution.  I don't know why, but I would like to know if there is a third party software vendor who has a solution to this Adobe problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to 1925desco

To my knowledge, this is a limitation of the medium.  You'll notice the same "hiccup" when a pro-replicated DVD hit's the loop point.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to digabyte

I beg to differ.

Because of Adobe's inability to find a solution to the problem of Encore pausing at a motion background loop point (Bluray burns only), I downloaded at trial copy of Sony's DVD Architect Pro (version 6) and created two Bluray projects (AVCHD and MPEG2) with motion backgrounds and embedded loop points.  I burned the finished projects onto Bluray discs and they performed fine without showing any signs of pausing at the loop points.

This was a big deal for me because I rely heavily on projects that have After Effects motion menus with fly-in buttons.

So, if Sony found a solution, so why can't Adobe. I suspect it isn't a priority for them.

Now to be completely fair, I don't believe Sony's DVD Architect Pro supports Bluray pop-up menus. For me, I can live with that for now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points