splash108
Currently Being Moderated

Indesign CS6 won't load on my right hand monitor

May 15, 2012 10:04 PM

Indesign CS6 won't load on my right hand monitor

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 11:22 PM   in reply to splash108

Either InDesign loads onto your computer or it doesn't. The monitor only shows you what's on the computer. If you have two monitors, and you can view InDesign on your left monitor, it may or may not show on your right monitor, but that depends on how your monitors are set up. I sometimes use two monitors, and I can choose whether the second monitor mirrors the first, or I can push items from the primary monitor over to the secondary monitor, which may be positioned to the left, right, above or below the primary.

Perhaps if you give more information about the problem you are having, we can give you better advise.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to splash108

I'm seeing the same thing myself on Windows 7 x64. while it works fine with my installation of InDesign CS5.5.

Any information on your system OS and similarities would be appreciated but it seems this is something we need to take a look at.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to Scott Worthington

I have the exact same issue: two monitors and InDesign CS6 will not save the location of anything I put on my second moniter. It works fine with Illustrator and Photoshop CS6. I'm running Windows 7 x 64. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to Los Schmiglet

I can't get Windows 7 to remember window locations for a lot of stuff (including a couple of Microsoft applications) on ONE monitor. I"m not sure that I'd blame ID for that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

InDesign CS6 is the only app I have that won’t behave.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

I also have ID CS5, and it works fine. The issue only shows up in InDesign CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 5:47 AM   in reply to Los Schmiglet

Running into the same problem - it's not so much left or right, but that it won't open on the secondary monitor.  Ditto Bob - all other CS6 applications seem to function properly.  The usual trick of opening, moving to the secondary monitor, closing, and reopening doesn't do any good.  And ditto Los Schmiglet - we just upgraded from CS4 and didn't have a problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:12 PM   in reply to pcamis

Same here - annoying!

Win7/64, with some user policy restrictions (can install programs, but some Win admin features are locked out). CS6 Master Collection - all apps installed & updated, plus LR4.1. I still have InD CS5 installed, but no other major CS5 apps. No CS5 services load on startup.

Had previously installed LR4 trial and PsCS6 trial (no InD trials installed).

Monitors - 19in 1280x1024 on left, spanning to 24in 1920x1200 on right. nVidia 296.88 drivers on Quadro FX1800 card, using DVI & Display Port.

This only occurs with InD CS6 and not other CS6 apps, or InD CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to cs666

Joining the discussion... [running CS6 on Windows8; dual screen 23"; 1920 x 1080 (NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT card; DVI, HDMI)]

I have had the same problem. Each of the panels (pages, layers etc.) would not work with the mouse/pointer... if I clicked in a panel, I could tab/shift tab through each component in the panel, use the arrow keys to make changes, but the mouse/pointer was not active.

After extreme frustration... The following appears to solve the issue.

Solution: Open Indesign CS6, set up screen positions for the panels as required, save the workspace (Window/Workspace/New Workspace...).

Sorry... this appeared to worked... but I have dicovered that it only works for a short period then this problem seems to rear it ugly head again and all panels are intermitent in their responsiveness. Currently I have tried re-start... doesn't seem to change the problem, a shutdown and startup resets everything but the problem soon appears again. I'm searching for a solution... anyone? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to splash108

I am having the same problem. CS5 and prior versions worked OK on Windows/7. But InDesign CS6  will not launch on the secondary monitor (32 bit & 64 bit O/S). This BUG was reported over a year ago - needs to be addressed please...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 4:28 AM   in reply to vaughn@e-clipse.ca

Don't hold your breath waiting. The only bugs that stand a chance of getting fixed are security holes.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 3:19 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Same problem here Are they insane

I think we can forget about ANY updates or bug fixes for CS6 ...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to splash108

Same with CC; if I move an open window in ID slightly, the workspace corrects itself. But it gets messed up again as soon as I move out of the program.

grrrrr

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2014 5:40 AM   in reply to KTGBGRME

This fixed this problem for me with CC. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5468733

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points