• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion installer succeeds, but with no /bin/ directory

Participant ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried reinstalling a CF9 server, but the installer finishes with "11 NonFatalErrors", and there is no/cf-root/bin directory.

This means I can't run /cf-root/bin/coldfusion start so I can't run the server. I've tried installing it twice and had no luck.

I installed as root from /opt/, to /opt/coldfusion9, using the ColdFusion_9_WWE_linux64.binfile downloaded from Adobe today, and with permissions set to 777 on the file.

The /cf-root/coldfusion9 folder is missing other directories as well, for example there is no logsdirectory. There also seems to be coldfusion and cfinfo files in the cf-root folder, these look like they should be in the bin folder.

So I have the following:

/cf-root/coldfusion9/coldfusion

/cf-root/coldfusion9/cfinfo

/cf-root/coldfusion9/cfstat

Instead of

/cf-root/coldfusion9/bin/coldfusion

/cf-root/coldfusion9/bin/cfinfo

/cf-root/coldfusion9/bin/cfstat

I'm sure I need to post more data here if anyone's going to help but I'm not sure where to look next.

I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Ok, the problem seems to be to do with the fact the on my server, the /tmp folder was not executable. I also had issues with the /tmp folder running out of space.

This blog post suggested using a different temporary folder for running the installation: http://www.caxiamgroup.com/blog/web-development/changing-coldfusion-temporary-install-directory/#comment-13992

That seemed to fix the problem. I would hazard a guess that that may have solved the initial 9.0.1 problem, but I'm not going to test that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, the problem seems to be to do with the fact the on my server, the /tmp folder was not executable. I also had issues with the /tmp folder running out of space.

This blog post suggested using a different temporary folder for running the installation: http://www.caxiamgroup.com/blog/web-development/changing-coldfusion-temporary-install-directory/#com...

That seemed to fix the problem. I would hazard a guess that that may have solved the initial 9.0.1 problem, but I'm not going to test that theory until I've got a seperate test server running redhat to try it on.

The actual code that fixed the problem for me:

mkdir /root/cf9_install

export IATEMPDIR=/root/cf9_install

Also thanks to Andy Allan from Fuzzy Orange for his help getting to this conclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation