Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost and confused trying to get support for macromedia projector

May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably on the wrong website, and quite possibly the wrong thread but I need some assistance please!

I have just recently installed a game on my computer and it plays for about 10 minutes and then crashes and burns and the fault that comes up says that Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to close and then the game closes and takes away my start bar and toolbar with it and then I have to restart my computer.

I have been in touch with Gamehouse who sold the game to me, and we have been unable to find a solution to this problem and as I wandered all over the internet I found out that Macromedia was bought/almalgamated with Adobe and so I thought I'd try my luck on the Adobe website/forums to see if anyone had a solution.  I realise this is a site dedicated to pdf files but I'm sorry I just got so frustrated, I didn't know where else to turn.

I have already been onto the macromedia.com websites and followed the instructions to change the compatablity mode of the game in Properties but it still doesn't work.

How could playing a game, possibly be this hard.

If someone is able to help me, that would be fantastic!

sarahk_63

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

What is your Flash Player version?  (See http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Verify_that_y...)

What is your display adapter / graphic card?  If you are on Windows, what is the device driver version & date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Pat

I do apologise for posting in your forum, but I was becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of response from other areas i.e.: Gamehouse and my own local Information Technology person.

Eventually, and of course, only after I had posted at the forum, did we find a solution to the Macromedia Projector problem.

It turns out that under the Properties and then Compatibility tab and we tried several different options i.e.: win95, win98/win me etc. etc.) one at time until the program worked and the winning Compatibility tab was Windows 98/Windows Me.

And finally, the game now works without shutting down or removing my Start and Toolbar from my desktop which is VAST improvement on the previous game play.

Sorry to annoy you and your forum,  but I was feeling pretty despondent about having paid $$ and not being able to access or play the game.

But on the upside:  I did learn more about my computer which is always a good thing.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply to my question.

Take care, (Sarah Long)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines