Skip navigation
hea6733
Currently Being Moderated

Having problems getting my fireworks made button to work in Adobe Dreamweaver CS6

May 17, 2012 9:50 AM

Tags: #help #error #adobe #dreamweaver #fireworks #cs6 #symbols #slicing #states

Hello, I am currently using a trial version of Adobe CS6 Fireworks and Dreamweaver and I am wondering why my button that I have created with an up, an over and a down state is not working in dreamweaver properly...when I preview my button in Fireworks all is in order and it works fine but when I click copy Fireworks Html of the button, when I paste it into dreamweaver and preview it, dreamweaver doesen't seem to show the over or down states...any help would be much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to hea6733

When you preview in Dreamweaver, are you choosing a 'Preview in Browser' option? I haven't used it recently, but I don't think that Dreamweaver's Design view is interactive. (But I could be wrong about this.) Typically, you need to preview any interactive features in the web browser.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to hea6733

The correct workflow, at least as of CS5, is to export the button to the assets folder of the site you defined in Dreamweaver, and then choose Insert > Image Objects > Fireworks HTML.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 4:01 AM   in reply to Linda Nicholls

Hi

I have tried to load a fireworks HTML into dreamweaver, and although the link works, the rollover images do not. Whats is worse is that the sliced image is an explode image with white space inbetween the sliced images. I have tried to export the fireworks file as html to the clipboard and it just doesn't want to come together. I am using CS6 suite so it should all be OK. I have also recreated the fireworks document from scratch just in case there was a legacy problems between my older version.

When viewed in fireworks or dreamweaver the image looks ok, but when viewed in any browers it explodes.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated...

I am on a mac using 10.6.8 with CS6 Dreamweaver(v12 - 5842) and Fireworks (v12.0.0.236

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 1:50 AM   in reply to Aaron Briggs

Although I didn't get any replies to my question above, I persevered and found the answer myself through trail and error. So if anyone is interested the problem was this.

The old html fireworks (made in macromedia days) was fine. The problem was that when you import it into dreamweaver CS6 it exploded. What I found was that I was trying to import it into a new html5 document. However if I created an html1 transitional document it all worked OK. So the question is whats the need for creating an html5 document. Anyway I guess thats a discussion for another time....

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to hea6733

When you created animated buttons in Fireworks and exported/imported them into Dreamweaver CS3, CS5 all worked well.

This is because CS3 and CS5 automatically added the required preload JavaScript to the hed tag of the document.

In CS6, this is not happening!

That is the major reason that your buttons do not work if you are used to doing it the way that we have for years.

As a test, I added the Head tag code that the old versions of CS generated in Dreamweaver and immediately my buttons worked.

It must be a program error in CS6 and I wonder if Adobe will be producing a fix for this?

The Head code is below:

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0

var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();

var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)

if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}

}

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01

var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {

d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}

if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];

for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);

if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;

}

function MM_nbGroup(event, grpName) { //v6.0

var i,img,nbArr,args=MM_nbGroup.arguments;

if (event == "init" && args.length > 2) {

if ((img = MM_findObj(args[2])) != null && !img.MM_init) {

img.MM_init = true; img.MM_up = args[3]; img.MM_dn = img.src;

if ((nbArr = document[grpName]) == null) nbArr = document[grpName] = new Array();

nbArr[nbArr.length] = img;

for (i=4; i < args.length-1; i+=2) if ((img = MM_findObj(args[i])) != null) {

if (!img.MM_up) img.MM_up = img.src;

img.src = img.MM_dn = args[i+1];

} }

} else if (event == "over") {

document.MM_nbOver = nbArr = new Array();

for (i=1; i < args.length-1; i+=3) if ((img = MM_findObj(args[i])) != null) {

img.src = (img.MM_dn && args[i+2]) ? args[i+2] : ((args[i+1])? args[i+1] : img.MM_up);

}

} else if (event == "out" ) {

for (i=0; i < document.MM_nbOver.length; i++) {

img = document.MM_nbOver[i]; img.src = (img.MM_dn) ? img.MM_dn : img.MM_up; }

} else if (event == "down") {

nbArr = document[grpName];

if (nbArr)

for (i=0; i < nbArr.length; i++) { img=nbArr[i]; img.src = img.MM_up; img.MM_dn = 0; }

document[grpName] = nbArr = new Array();

for (i=2; i < args.length-1; i+=2) if ((img = MM_findObj(args[i])) != null) {

img.src = img.MM_dn = (args[i+1])? args[i+1] : img.MM_up;

} }

}

//-->

</script>

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 1:36 AM   in reply to TutorTrev

I too was having the same problem and, thankfully, I found a very simple solution. I did as follows:

1) Export my Fireworks rollover graphic as html and images (hopefully this will be obvious to you)

2) View the source code Fireworks spit out (you can do this strait in Dreamweaver for convinience)

3) in the header, find and copy all of the <script> blahblahblah code crap </script>

4) paste it into the header of the document you wish to add it to

5) Go back to your <body> and find where you want to insert your rollover. Put your cursor there. (this also should be obvious )

6) Go to Insert -> Image Objects -> Fireworks HTML.

7) Find the HTML file Fireworks gave you

8) Test it in a browser by pressing F12

Hopefully it works for you too

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points