May 17, 2012 4:44 PM

Latest reply: Claudio González, Feb 12, 2013 1:59 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to Claudio González

"There are no Adobe ads in the local media." Even in graphic design, photography magazines? they don't support OFFF, or other festivals/conventions/user groups? I'd be surprised if it was not the case.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Sorry to bump an old post, but here's something worth a mention-

If you buy Adobe CS6 Master Collection (outright, not creative cloud) in the Australia Adobe education store, you can buy the download version for $549 AUD.. And you don't pay GST. Compare this to the US store, where it is priced at $799... and, yes, depending on the state, there are sales taxes in the US.

So to my fellow Aussies, if you really need the Adobe programs, wouldn't it be worth enrolling in a TAFE or university, getting your ID card, send a copy to Adobe, buy the programs at a huge discount. You could always then withdraw from your course?

Here's my situation-

I'm an Australian citizen currently living in the US on a student visa studying graphic design at college. As I still have credit cards with an Australian billing address, it was a better deal for me to purchase from the Australian store. I purchased from the Australian store, submitted my student ID card from the US college, which Adobe happily accepted. I am the envy of my classmates who have to dish out hundreds more.

So Australians don't always get the worst deal.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to Frenchy74

This interview (from 2007) with the vice-president of product management in the Creative Solutions Business Unit at Adobe brings some light to the issue:

http://www.creativepro.com/article/creative-suite-pricing-varies-throu ghout-world

Some excerpts:

"We do testing in each region and get feedback from customers. We have not found that the value fluctuates much over the years. The value associated with CS3 is incredible, and customers react to that. What I've been hearing from customers is that they see the value and appreciate it."

"We don't take into account the currency per se when we're determining the value of the products in the local market."

"We establish pricing in each of the regions based on what we've seen historically and the value of the product."

"The process of establishing pricing is rigorous; we go through extensive market research."

Bottom line: Adobe fixes its prices outside U.S. based on the value perceived by the users. In the case of Brazil (where I live), Adobe's researchers concluded that we love so much its products that we are eager to pay US$ 95 for a Creative Cloud subscription that costs US$ 50 for North Americans. Or that we are very proud for paying US$ 2,525 on a CS package that U.S. residents  buy for US$ 1,299.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 5:02 AM   in reply to Frenchy74

Answer following one question survey if you want Adobe to know how you feel:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XGZCPJ5

Please pass on to any Adobe CS users you know - the more the merrier

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to deane4work

What we need in an empowered international antitrust commission...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 1:59 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Good for Australia and the Australians. Wish other countries, mine included, would do the same...

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points