Skip navigation
alexxhg
Currently Being Moderated

AE CS 6 freeze after camera tracking

May 18, 2012 1:03 PM

Tags: #after_effects_cs6

camera tracking used and finished.

After seeing the trackingpoints, when I move quickly with mouse or pen through the points AEX freezes.
clicking on the AEX Icon in taskbar (minimizing) and back brings a white screen. klicking the right mousebutton on the AEX Icon and choosing AE CS6 brings back the program.
When I move very very slow through the trackingpoints, than no freeze.
As soon as I make a fast or normal movement through the tackpoints AEx freezes.

For troubleshooting I started here: kb405948.changed several settings in nVidia panel. no luck.
tried full quality/ all settings in the preview tab. (fast preview etc).
Freeze even happens when  the camera tracked layer is switched off and only the trackpoints are visible on the screen.
Any help is very appreciated.

bg
alex

:

SystemSpec:

INTEL i7 3930K 3,2
RAM 32GB
Win7/64Bit
Diskcache: exclusively for AEX 128GB SSD
GPU INFO:
Fast Draft: Available
Texture Memory: 2200,00 MB
Ray-tracing: GPU

OpenGL
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Device: GeForce GTX 580/PCIe/SSE2
Version: 3.0.0
Total Memory: 2,96 GB
Shader Model: 4.0 or later
CUDA
Driver Version: 4.2
Devices: 1 (GeForce GTX 580)
Current Usable Memory: 2,79 GB (at application launch)
Maximum Usable Memory: 3,00 GB

CS6 Trial.
3rd PArty/ RedGiant MB Suite/Trapcode/SyntheticAp-TestGear

using epic 4KHD Raw file

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2012 1:03 AM   in reply to alexxhg

using epic 4KHD Raw file

Try downsizing it and solve the smaller version, then substitute your full res files and copy&paste the camera. Possibly just an combination of evil at work here producing too many markers. Also you could try using a TIFF sequence. That would further minimize any possible memory issues and may circumvent potential leaks in RAW/ RED handling as well...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to alexxhg

Mmh, sounds weird. From my few tests it worked just fine. Have you adjusted the options for the solve, e.g. going from fixed focus to variable zoom? Also, what if you simply delete the tracker after the camera and whatever Null objects you want have been created?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to Mylenium

How long is the shot you're trying to track? How noisy is the footage. Noise from low light or high ISO settings, compression artifacts, and excessive camera movement slow down the camera tracker. Good footage = good tracks. Highly compressed, noisy, shaky footage with a lot of motion blur is going to cause lots of problems solving for the camera. There is a limit on what can be accomplished no matter what kind of camera tracking software you use. You might think about posting the clip to YouTube and let us give it a look.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points