Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere not saving audio channel info

May 18, 2012 6:25 PM

Hey everyone.

I'm on Premiere CS6.

In my timeline, I make a change to an audio clip, but right clicking > Audio channel, and changing both channels to output the left/right channel.

I save, reopen, and the clips revert back to their default setting. Everything else saves fine, just not the audio channel settings.

Anyone know what's going?

Dan

Specs:

MBP 2009 2.53 c2d 8 gb ram 500 gb

1tb external

Updated OS

Premiere CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 7:25 PM   in reply to dh91

You can't do the from the timeline.  You have to do it while the clips are sill in the bin, before you add them to a sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Well, you can do it from the timeline, and the changes take effect during playback. But apparently you're not suppose to because Premiere never remembers the changes.  Thus is an poor UI bug in my opinion, and if Adobe doesn't want us to change the audio channels in the timeline, 1) don't let that be an option and 2) don't allow the changes to take effect as if it worked, and then have them disappear after re-opening.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to SVleland

Just to add here.  I have had the same thing happen and it's totally anoying.  Change the audio tracks in the timeline then close and repoen to find that those settings have reverted back.  This is a common need with two person interviews.  Can't make that audio determination until it's already in the timeline. Adobe, you need to fix this soon!

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 9:32 PM   in reply to Wsmedia1

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2014 6:44 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I am having this same issue. When will this be fixed? I moved to Adobe Premier Pro after working with the windows version, but it is not translating very well on my iMac. I hope the numerous bugs I have discovered will be fixed. I don't think it should be on a wishlist to allow the audio changes you make in the timeline to be there the next time you open the project, I think it should be part of the package. Thanks for letting me vent, I spent a nightmarish 2 days trying to edit on a deadline with this issue and more. Deb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points