Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Serious problem with saving pngs and transparent bgs!

May 20, 2012 12:37 PM

Tags: #save #fireworks #cs6

I just started using Fireworks CS6 and I'm having trouble with pngs.  I did the function a million times in CS5.  I'm simly doing an image preview and savings as a png32 with a transparent background and no matte color.  But it keeps saving with a white background.  Has something changed from CS5 to CS6 in the way pngs save?  I use this funtiin quite often and it's really irritating that's it's not working right in CS6.  I hope it's my error but I would appreciate any help or insight.  For now I'm going back to CS5 because it's works correctly.

Thanks!

BC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to bernwa

Don't save. Export instead.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 8:39 PM   in reply to bernwa

So does this problem exist in the editing, layout, or publishing stages of your workflow?

The reason I ask is that there are some situations where I don't necessarily expect to see transparency rendered accurately. For example, in Mac OS 10.6.8, files with transparency are given a white background by the Finder. But those same files will look fine in Preview or when viewed using the Quick Look feature:

Finder vs QuickLook.png

I'd be really concerned, for example, if the transparency was not rendering in Dreamweaver's Design view, as that could interfere with the creative layout process. But I'd be less concerned if it doesn't appear in Bridge.

That said, if it's been rendered correctly by Bridge in previous versions, I understand your concern. If the problem is localized to Bridge, I'd scour its preferences and interface for any relevant settings. I'd also consider whether your operating system has been updated recently.

FOLLOW-UP: You could also take a look at the Bridge forum. Apparently, others have had concerns about this.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4421372#4421372

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3336708#3336708

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 11:40 PM   in reply to bernwa

Modify > Canvas > Canvas color > Transparent

I struggled with this issue too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...