• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

extreamly noob AS3 question- using a *.as file with main timeline

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the midst of adding a performance monitor to a mobile application that has no actionscript yet, I just want to test performance of animations

https://raw.github.com/mrdoob/Hi-ReS-Stats/master/src/net/hires/debug/ Stats.as that is the stats.as file I have in my root folder with the .fla

I removed the folder location "net.hires.debug" from the stats.as file

what do i need to type to load the .as file

it says to use the addchild function, I'm new to as3 and am a bit confused with classes

right now my first frame actions layer, it says

addChild (new Stats() );

and when executing this

addChild(new Stats()); it gives me error 1180: call to a possible undefined method Stats

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Is the file named "stats.as" or "Stats.as" (you show it both ways)?  It needs to be named Stats.as

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file named "stats.as" or "Stats.as" (you show it both ways)?  It needs to be named Stats.as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the downloaded file has a lowercase s for stats.as and inside the stats.as file it defines a class called Stats which i called upon as addChild(new Stats());  the actionscript window popus up as I'm typing and autofills it as Stats so i know it is properly defined.. eithor way im still getting the same error message

Scratch that, I'm an idiot.. Thanks allot, are you on these forums 24/7?? lol  thank god

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome... not 24/7, but I visit when I have time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines