Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer installation problem persists

Explorer ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

Starting new Topic as advised. My problem persists after following your uninstall/reinstall steps in the closed dscussion.

I've tried Ctrl-V to paste the log file content, but something prevents it from working. So, I've inserted a screengrab of the log file instead.

Hope you can help. Thanks

CaptureFlashLog.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

In IE9, click Tools, click Internet options, click Security tab, if the Default level button is not greyed out, click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be using Internet Explorer; please check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

Thanks, but I'd already been through posts: my Flash Object was enabled and ActiveX fitering was off.

So something else is bugging it.

I also get the 'add-on for this site has failed' notification - I'm assuming this is the Flash add-on?

So, any ideas why it's failing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

athniel wrote:

I also get the 'add-on for this site has failed' notification

Can you post a screenshot of this; I have never seen this message.

But a Google search reveals that it may have something to do with trusted sites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

addonfail.png

Hi Pat

Here's a grab of the lhs of bar that appears across the bottom of the screen for several seconds.

I've been led around in circles trying to google solutions. Am also beginning to suspect that it affects javascript as well.

Some advice is to disable fplayer-64bit to stop the message. But not an option as need fplayer!

Reinstalling fplayer brings the message back.

Others claim it's a 64bit problem with IE and that there's no 64bit fplayer - which is tosh, as I have installed 64bit flpayer!

Anyway I have a 64bit PC at work as well, but do not have this problem with fplayer.

Unless there's a solution soon, I think I'm going to give up and face a restore to factory settings and complete rebuild. Something I wanted to avoid.

Grateful for any ideas you may have before I give in to this. I've been chasing this problem around google and microsoft forums for weeks!

Thanks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sites where this occurs are what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl

It seems to appear on any site that requires flashplayer or javascript, e.g. BBC, youTube, nhs.

Further to my last message - although my work PC is 64bit, it has IE8, which is 32bit, and 32bit-fplayer installed.

I'm wondering if it's possible that I downgrade my system from IE9 to IE8 and install 32bit fplayer on my 64bit machine, would that feasibly work?

But then, that's no good for upgrading is it? Or is this all part of IE9+ move to html5 outlawing all addons?

But no, because I get the same flashplayer problem with firefox!

Open to ideas.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE9, click Tools, click Internet options, click Security tab, if the Default level button is not greyed out, click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carl

I've actually done this before and it didn't work - but I did it again and it did work (hope it lasts!). Pretty weird - maybe 'cos I'd been led down so many changes, I got settings conflicts.

Thanks Carl - if this lasts, you're a star. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines