Skip navigation
Drillthrall
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Premiere Pro generic project icons issue

May 20, 2012 2:23 PM

I installed the new Cloud version of Premiere Pro through my monthly account.  I can open projects from Premiere Pro but if I try to open a project file from a folder, the icon is one of those generic icons.  I've tried using the Open with...and then browse to the Premiere Pro.exe file but it gave an error.  Now, when I try that same process it wants to open it using Adobe Reader X.  I deleted Adobe Reader X and tried again and now it wants to try to open my project files from my folder using Windows Media Center.  Huh?  Weird.  Any ideas anyone?

At first all of .prproj files received the Adobe Reader X icon.  Now they all are showing the Windows Media Encoder icon.  I can still open them all from within Premiere Pro just fine but would still like them to show the correct Adobe Premiere Pro icon show that I can double click them and they'll open in Premiere.

Harold House

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Drillthrall

Right click one of the .prproj files and choose Properties.

Then where is says Opens with:  click the change button and then go to the folder where your Adobe Premiere is insalled and click the

Adobe Premiere Pro.exe file and it should reset it.

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Drillthrall

Harold,

Just to be sure, this is with Win7-64, and not Vista-64, or XP-64. Is that correct?

It sounds more like something is smurfed in your Windows, as the File Association is not taking.

Good luck, and wish that I had something to offer, but a question.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to Drillthrall

I uninstalled all my older CS Suite programs after I installed the new CS6 stuff.

That did it.  Always uninstall older stiff before you install newer stuff, not after.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points