Skip navigation
anieee_3
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 trial -stage goes blank- can't see project

May 21, 2012 4:22 AM

Tags: #bug #cs6 #stage

Hi,

I just downloaded flash cs6 trial and opened a cs5 .fla file in it. I can see it intially (after mac restart) but when i try to play or edit it goes blank. All the keyframes/layers/images are there but nothing is visible on the stage. Thumbnails are visible in library. When i create a new file and import (.png) it is also there but blank.

I really need a FIX!! please help?!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 21, 2012 4:40 AM   in reply to anieee_3

When you say it is blank, is it completely blank or do you see outlines where you expect to see objects?

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 5:23 AM   in reply to anieee_3

There are two ways I know of to activate the outline mode, one being to click the timeline's small icon(s) for it... those small colored squares following each layer's name (or the one at the top), and the other... Select View -> Preview Mode -> Outlines.

So if clicking the small squares doesn't help, check out the Preview Mode and make sure "Outlines" is NOT selected.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to anieee_3

I'm seeing the same thing in full version. I think Flash runs out of memory and just goes blank. It's not a matter of your Preview Mode. I have to quit and restart Flash to see my project when this happens. And as my project is pretty large it happens often. Anyone from Adobe have advice for us?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to spinlight

Was this ever answered.  I am having the same blank screen issue.  Can see the individual layers, but not the workspace.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to lm44west2000

Not really. In my case I just had to find ways to reduce the FLA file size. I pulled out a bunch of stuff to be loaded from exteranl directories. That seemed to do the trick. Creating robust apps that have thousands of images to support retina screens (and the smaller screens) is a little tricky. Flash gets unstable at a certain point it seems.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to spinlight

I'm back to working.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled and that did not help.  I was getting a message to uncheck use graphics something or other in performance.  Before I had a chance to do that, I was blown out of Cs6 and when I restarted, there was a note that something was changed in my preference file. I'm unsure what the real problem was, but at least it fixed itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to lm44west2000

I have the same issue and have been unable to find any info online.  The stage goes black after a few clicks through the timeline.   Adobe is no help unless I purchase the product and if I have the problem with the trial, I will most certainly have it when I add the serial number.

Do you remember more details on the alert message that you saw? 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to AlanE_0604

Ever since I've had the program, I get the following message everytime I open the program.

Capture.PNG

I've never acted on it.  When I started having the black screen program, (three months later after daily use)  I reinstalled the program and it still didn't work.   After opening and closing the program a few times,  I finally got a message that something in the graphics processor was changed and the program started working again.  I guess I'm going to fail again since this message is back up upon start up.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to lm44west2000

Thanks for your reply, but uum, that's a photoshop alert and this thread is about flash...   I talked to Adobe and he knew about the issue, but since I was using the trial version he had nothing for me...until I purchased, of course. 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to AlanE_0604

Sorry about that -

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers