Skip navigation
ezecoyote
Currently Being Moderated

Help! Flash refuses to accept -ANY- extension I throw at it!

May 21, 2012 1:06 PM

Tags: #help #not #flash #does #extensions #plugins #broken #load #urgent

This is starting to really make me angry. I have no idea what's going on.

Essentially, I have a computer with Windows 7.

I have Adobe Flash CS5 installed, using a distributed school license.

I tried to install an extension called "Keyframe Caddy". What happens is that the Extension Manager picks it up, installs it, and gives NO error messages whatsoever. I launch Flash, and it's not there. It's not in Window > Other Panels, it's not in the commands list, it's -nowhere-. I reinstall the extension, it -still- doesn't load.

I try with another extension, titled "Framesync". It installs just fine as well. Guess what? It doesn't load. I tried several other extensionsfrom this site:

http://anipedia.thebackalleys.com/index.php/Flash_extensions#Animation _Pencil

None of them worked. So I figured I'd try downgrading my Flash to CS4, because that's what the sites say it's compatible with.

I downgrade to CS4, install the extensions (making sure I didn't have multiple versions installed). And hey, guess what? They -still- don't load. The extension manager gives me a thumbs up and no error messages, but once Flash comes up there is -NO SIGN OF THE EXTENSIONS IT'S TELLING ME SHOULD WORK JUST FINE-

I'm ripping my hair out over this, I'm on the brink of throwing my computer out the window. I've tried reinstalling programs, extensions, even my OS. They -never- load.

http://i.cubeupload.com/IM2Img.png

What is causing this? Someone -PLEASE- help me?!

I have three friends on CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 who all three get it loading, and one of them is using a pirated license!

HELP!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 5:54 AM   in reply to ezecoyote

Hi,

This could be an issue when either your OS or your Flash is of different language than english. Extensions generally get installed in your user folder (incase of Windows7 it is C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash CS5\en_US or {language folder}\Configuration\ ).

For example if you have an english version of Flash but an italian version of the OS then your Keyframe Caddy installation created a IT folder just for the Keyframe Caddy components. That's why it didn't show up. In this case if youmove all the Keyframe Caddy files into the EN folder then it might started showing up under Other panels.

Thanks!

Mohan

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to Mohanaraj CS

I tried the Animated Pencil and it installed perfectly fine.

Occam's razor would state there's simply an issue with your flash install. Other people (including myself) can get it to work but you cannot.

Is your OS and Flash install set to English? From your wording it would seem you're comfortable and fluent in EN so I presume this isn't a language difference but what Mohan said is worth noting.

I'd go and do the obligatory thing and start with the obvious stuff. Run extension manage by right-clicking and Run As Administrator. Also when you run Flash (CS5.5 not CS5) run that also with Run As Administrator. We just need to get through the basics of any file or profile access issues.

Tell us more about your environment. Win7 using an Administrator level account or standard? What Anti/virus/malware/spyware/etc do you have running?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to ezecoyote

PLEASE HELP ME!,

i got the same problem as you, but I understood nothing of what MohanarajCS said,

And i dont have a folder in c:/users/(Name)/appdata/adobe/FLASH CS5.5 <<< I dont have that can you help me plieees i need that plugin and it would help me a lot...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to mauroboy12345

Are you on Windows? If so, open Windows Explorer, click the Organize button on the top left and select "Folder and search options". Choose the View tab and make sure the option I'm highlighting in blue is selected. You will then see the AppData folder as seen in this screenshot.

filesops.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to Mohanaraj CS

I got into the adobe folder but i cannot find flash anywhere

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

See there isnt a folder called flash CS6. please help......

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points