• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to use web app text field to redirect a page.

New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a web app, that will provide 'members' with a page that they can use to redirect to other pages of their choice. What I want to do is allow the member user to select (from a dropdown menu, or even input their own into a text field) a specific url (i.e. http://www.facebook.com/myfacebookpage) on their customer page. Once they select the url they want, and save their info, that url will be used in a redirect page, (i.e. <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url={tag_redirectURL}"> or something to that effect. Has anyone done this or have any ideas how to do it? Ultimately, I want the user to be able to change on the fly where someone goes when they share their user link with a friend (i.e. http://www.mywebsite.com/userpage/ will take someone to a facebook page or to a youtube video, or some other page they redirect to) so they can switch it on their own when they choose to.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner , Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

You could create a web app which as a text (string) field in it for customers to enter the URL they want to redirect the customers to. Then place a JavaScript redirect inside the detailed layout, which would look like this:

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

window.location = "{tag_your-url-field}"

//-->

</script>

Give them access to secure zone, place a web app item creation form onto it and you're good to go.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mario, I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines