• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to free space on my harddisk of old versions ?

New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been updating adobe programs since photshop 7.0.1. Each update brings a new layer of new versions (cs2, cs3, cs4) installed on the disk of my computer.

I need too free space on my diskdrive if I want too buy and install cs6.

How manage those insatllations without having old versions that take place on my disk ?

Thanks for answering,

Constantin Lazarou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can utilize the uninstallers to remove the older version of Photoshop from your computer.  Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows XP.

With your answer I've been making a test. I was not aware it was possible to select and uinstall different programs in one creative suite with that tool (the creative suites appear as a block in that tool). That reply in a way to my question.

But in the test I've been doing uninstalling cs2 (since I have web premium cs3 and production premium for cs4 on my PC), the wizard asked me to tranfer the activation on another computer. Since I want to prepare to buy and instal cs6 desin and web premium, I don't want to tranfer anything on a new computer. What am I supposed to do for that transfer?

More. Before installing cs6, wich program will be tested to control I really got older version to install an upgrade ? Is it a check on photochop cs4, or another one ? Wich other programs from cs2, cs3 can I uninstall to free hard disk space?

Lot of question, isn't it ?

Anyway, thanks you for your first answer.

Constantin Lazarou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no need to transfer the activation for Creative Suite 2.  It is not necessary to have the previous version installed.  If you are installing an upgrade it will ask you for the qualifying serial number during the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines