Skip navigation
slovejoy
Currently Being Moderated

Installers broken?

May 22, 2012 9:49 PM

Hello; I just upgraded (in theory) to InDesign CS6. I have downloaded the installers directly, and they fail to unpack properly. Using the Akamai Net Session fails to complete. Is there an issue tonight with the server, or with the software pkg? I am a programmer with my own networking company: don't wast our mutual time with "is your internet connection working" forrays, please.

This is particularly troublesome as I am nearing a publication date.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to slovejoy

I'm having the same issue. Restarted, closed everything, downloaded again... to no avail. "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance".

UPDATE: Just solved it... skip the busted installer and just select the "Alternate Download Method"

Message was edited by: IWS Production

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 3:08 AM   in reply to slovejoy

You haven't mentioned your OS hence hard to say which file type are actually getting downloaded , is it EXE or DMG.

If I would have been at your place , I would have checked the file size first, the file size is mentioned in the Adobe account from where you intiate the download,   check the size there and the size of your files which is downloaded, if its the same then the file has got downloaded properly but if its less then download is not proper or incomplete.

Secondly , if you are on Windows , you have to download the both the 7Z and the EXE files , but if you are on Mac , you will be havig single DMG file.

Thirdly , if it doesn't give you any error message , then please describe properly , where exactly does your installation stalls , Is it at the time of Intialization or you were able to enter the serial number and do other stuff , but it stall at the time of installation.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 9:13 PM   in reply to slovejoy

can you download and install the third party unzipping utility like 7zip or winzip and then try to extract the content of 7z file.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:03 AM   in reply to slovejoy

Hmmm...Strange

Ok, Can you try downloading the software from this link -http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html  , on some other computer , copy the files om pen drive and install it on this computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points