Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Master Suite fails installation at adobehelp.

May 23, 2012 10:52 AM

Tags: #cs6 #master_collection #fails_to_install

Trying to install CS6 Master Collection. Continues to fail at Adobehelp. Let run over night and had 3327 minutes remain to install. Have tried multiple times. Is not creating log files. Have tried safe mode.

System 7, 64 bit system, 4 gig ram, CS5 has worked fine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to Leeland32

Where did you go to look for your log files?  Have you tried running the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to check your log files as well?  Also just to confirm you are using Windows 7?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to Leeland32

Leeland32 the next step would be to manually review your installation logs if the Adobe Support Advisor is not able to be utilized.  The complete instructions on how to review the installation logs can be found at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to Leeland32

Leland32 were you able to locate either of the following directories:

\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

If so were the folders completly empty?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to Leeland32

From the error you posted it appears you are having problems with your Windows Installer Service.  I was not able to find anything from Microsoft specifically but the following site may help - http://www.ehow.com/how_5325924_fix-windows-installer-error.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 7:08 PM   in reply to Leeland32

I think it is the Adobe Help issue ,  and it could be because you have any previous version of Adobe Software present on the machine , not sure indeed.

However you can go to C:/program files(x86)/Adobe/Adobe Help , move this folder on the desktop , run the installation again for the software, once installation gets complete , move the Adobe Help  folder back to its original location.

Launch the applications and check.

Do let us know if you face any issue...

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to Leeland32

Man ...Definetely MAN.

and thanx for replying.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to Leeland32

Manish_1988, your suggestion to move Adobe Help solved my installation issue too. I tried all the other tools and suggestions. Logs told me nothing of significance - support tools did not help. Once I discovered this thread my problem was solved after 36 hours of frustration. Thank you for posting!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 4:13 AM   in reply to Leeland32

I had the same problem with the creative cloud CS6 install, then tried installing trial, saw that the installation froze with the adobehelp file. Removed it from my previous installation of CS5, and it installed perfectly...

Thank you Manish_1998!!!!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points