• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Suite fails installation at adobehelp.

New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install CS6 Master Collection. Continues to fail at Adobehelp. Let run over night and had 3327 minutes remain to install. Have tried multiple times. Is not creating log files. Have tried safe mode.

System 7, 64 bit system, 4 gig ram, CS5 has worked fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

I think it is the Adobe Help issue ,  and it could be because you have any previous version of Adobe Software present on the machine , not sure indeed.

However you can go to C:/program files(x86)/Adobe/Adobe Help , move this folder on the desktop , run the installation again for the software, once installation gets complete , move the Adobe Help  folder back to its original location.

Launch the applications and check.

Do let us know if you face any issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you go to look for your log files?  Have you tried running the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to check your log files as well?  Also just to confirm you are using Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running system 7. I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers per the instructions on the web page. gz files were there for CS4 and CS5 but no joy from CS6.

Did the online chat thing and was told to copy the disks to the hard drive and try an install from there.

No joy, stopped at 14% again. In normal mode and in safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Analizer says it can install because the installer is misconfigured. Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leeland32 the next step would be to manually review your installation logs if the Adobe Support Advisor is not able to be utilized.  The complete instructions on how to review the installation logs can be found at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there are no install logs being created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leland32 were you able to locate either of the following directories:

\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

If so were the folders completly empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to locate both directories.

the \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\ is empty

the \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\ finally created an uncompressed log at 13:08 on my last attemp to load from the hard drive.

Have gotten the following errors

Install MSI payload failed with error: 1601 - The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

MSI Error message:

[    3528] Wed May 23 13:08:06 2012  INFO

Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Adobe CS6\payloads\Microsoft VC 2008 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe" (I did this and it said it repaired)

This is the last line of the log file:

Installing third party payload

Third party application path:C:\Adobe CS6\payloads\AdobeHelp\InstallAdobeHelp.exe

CommandLine: appVersion=4.0.244 appId=chc pubId=4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 installerArg1=-silent installerArg2=-eulaAccepted installerArg3=-programMenu installerArg4=AdobeHelp.air

[    3124] Wed May 23 13:56:53 2012  INFO

Third party payload completed.  Testing return code: 3221225786

I may not be getting the summary because I cancel the install when it reaches 14% and the time to install gets up to 1000 minutes.

Tried installing over night and the time was 3327 minutes remaining the first time, 982 the second and so forth. Tried installing individual componets from the list, ie the flash componet listed first and it only. Installtion failed at Adobehelp.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the error you posted it appears you are having problems with your Windows Installer Service.  I was not able to find anything from Microsoft specifically but the following site may help - http://www.ehow.com/how_5325924_fix-windows-installer-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that does nothing. Literally nothing.

Followed instructions and even copied the "%windir%\system32\msiexec /regserver" from the web page. It didn't have a system 7 instruction so I used vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is the Adobe Help issue ,  and it could be because you have any previous version of Adobe Software present on the machine , not sure indeed.

However you can go to C:/program files(x86)/Adobe/Adobe Help , move this folder on the desktop , run the installation again for the software, once installation gets complete , move the Adobe Help  folder back to its original location.

Launch the applications and check.

Do let us know if you face any issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish_1988

Man or Woman, you are a genius. Your idea was the spark that allowed me to load the whole CS6 system.

I bow to your knowledge.

Thank you.

go to battledress.biz and request images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man ...Definetely MAN.

and thanx for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Adode suggested I download the trial version and install from that, 3 days after Manish_1988 solved my problem. But I did download the trial version while the problem was active and 9 hours later, it did not work either. Thanks Adobe.

$1200 and I can't get a good support team from the company, it comes from the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish_1988, your suggestion to move Adobe Help solved my installation issue too. I tried all the other tools and suggestions. Logs told me nothing of significance - support tools did not help. Once I discovered this thread my problem was solved after 36 hours of frustration. Thank you for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with the creative cloud CS6 install, then tried installing trial, saw that the installation froze with the adobehelp file. Removed it from my previous installation of CS5, and it installed perfectly...

Thank you Manish_1998!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines