• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Film Presets

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've packaged some basic Premiere Pro presets for everyone.  It includes the old Film Fades from a ways back (the built-in Adobe version of the Film Fade doesn't really emulate a genuine film fade all that well), as well as some Letterboxing presets for both 16:9 and 4:3 media.

Unzip the file, and from the Presets bin do a Right Click>Import Presets...

The In/Out fades are based on the standard 1 second duration.  If you need more or less, you'll have to adjust the keyframes.

The Title fade is based on the standard 5 second duration, so again longer or shorter titles will require a keyframe adjustment.

The Letterboxing presets are based on the Crop effect, after doing the math to determine how much should be cropped to get the desired result.  The 16:9 options work equally well on SD or HD media.  The 4:3 are obviously for SD only.  The presets can be applied directly to a clip, to a nested sequence, or in CS6, to an Adjustment layer.

Enjoy.

[Edited by forum host - link converted to attachment, files have been virus-checked]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Thanks Jim!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me a bit to figure out why the download wasn't starting the first time, then the second time as well.

If you'd like, I can share them on my Creative Cloud account so folks don't have to stare at ads for 2 minutes at that download site.

I'll take a look at them later this week when I have a chance to park the playhead for a moment (editor speak for "busy busy busy!")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can share them on my Creative Cloud account

Please.  I was disappointed to see that I could no longer attach a file directly to the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I'll report that you would like to see files attached to a forum post to the forums guru here at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had to restrict file attachments due to certain security vulnerabilities for that feature. I can offer that option to forum veterans that wish to have this privilege reinstated on a case by case basis. Jim, I'm working on getting you approved right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I'm working on getting you approved right now.

Cool.  I've no issue with forum gurus inspecting the download first and adding it themselves, replacing the link in the original.  It'll make things easier for readers here who want the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've converted the link into an attachment for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, Dave.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the fade in and out and the title fade,

but a crop preset for letterboxing?

I rather have a title for letterboxing, see what i am doing like adjusting the horizon.

On export set it to letterboxing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop has the advantage of working with both SD and HD.  Using a title you'd need one for each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardly edit SD anymore. Have a HD letterboxing template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, most of my clients are still only willing to pay for SD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.  (So new folks can keep finding it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got back, posted those to my Creative Cloud:

https://creative.adobe.com/file/e611bdf8-6f78-4ed1-92a5-11a852cf2d0a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim.

And thanks Christian for putting it on the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just keeping this alive for a little while.  There's still new folks coming into the forums who might like the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently I came back just after this was last bumped.  I've got them now, so thanks Jim, and Christian. And Kevin.

Oh, and ....

Bump...

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for sharing, guys 🙂

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I tried your presets for Film Fade and I just get a straight ramp appearing on the opacity layer which doesn't solve the MPE fade bumps as the image reaches the minimum of maximum value. I can create an S curve that will work better, but I dont' know how to modify the fade presets and save them from the clip, or to create new ones. I could edit the preset XML files but that looks like a chore. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines